TRX-1: Another TRX-1 programing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertscan

I just got a TRX-1 about a week and a half ago and cant figure out how to program it the way I would like.
Is there a way to program each scanlist as a bank like in the older scanners? (RS Pro 106).
I would like to have one scanlist as a roaming style and have one scanlist separate for each site (area) but cant figure out how to do it.
Example: when in San Diego I would like to have one scanlist setup for one on the north site then one for the south site and one for the east site and being able to just switch from site to site by just switching from one scanlist to another so I can just listen to what I want to for each area.
I got the RS PRO 106 and it works great for this and would like to do the same with the TRX-1 if I can.
I would like to do the same scanlist setup for Imperial County, San Bernardino County, LA, and AZ when I travel thru Yuma to Phoenix.

Can this setup be done on the Unidens? Ill have to go buy one if it does.

When I try to do this the talkgroups just switch from one scanlist to another when programming even when having a scanset for each scanlist and when all scanlists are checked it reverts back to the best site available regardless of which scanlist is being scanned and when all scanlists are not checked it just says nothing to scan.

Thank you

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
YES it can be done on the TRX-1, I have a similar setup for the NC Viper system on mine.

While I'm not an expert on doing this I believe the best way is to do this (that I learned) is to go in the EZScan program to Trunked Radio Systems tag,

1. Highlight TRS you want to duplicate, then click Duplicate on the right side

2. Go to the new TRS, rename it, and go into the Sites/Talkgroups tabs and either lockout or delete what you do not need

3. Assign it to the new scanlist you want to use

Hope that helps, and maybe some of the more experienced folk on here will make other suggestions.

desertscan

Thank you

this seems to be working with the imperial county sites.
will see on the san diego sites next week.

budevans

Thank you

this seems to be working with the imperial county sites.
will see on the san diego sites next week.

It sounds like you've figured out the programming.

Just an FYI. You could have imported the programming from your Pro 106 using the TRX-1 EzScan software.

With the software open, click on File and look down the list. You should see Import from WS-1040/WS-1065.

The WS1040 is the same scanner as the GRE PSR500 and the Pro106.

desertscan

ok, wow, learned something new.
this worked too, now I can just use my saved folders from my pro 106 and update them and use on my TRX-1 this saved alot of programming time.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.