ANYONE?? FEDERAL AND STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT FREQUENCIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumfan

The only way to find those is to search. Using a list of frequencies misses anything new that might come up. And yes, they are likely to be encrypted, but sometimes they are not. It happens more often that you might think.

Start by using your radios search function and search 162.0 to 174.0 and 400.0 to 420.0 MHz and see what pops up.

- Chris
I'm using a Uniden bcd536hp, when using custom search on these frequency ranges, should I enable either analog or digital audio AGC or keep them both to off?

ecps92

Depends - who is your target ?
Most [Not all] Federal LE is P25, but there are some still analog users.

Many of us, use "Auto" for it to detect either Analog or P25

As to AGC - YMMV, but I have never had to touch those settings
I'm using a Uniden bcd536hp, when using custom search on these frequency ranges, should I enable either analog or digital audio AGC or keep them both to off?

magnumfan

Depends - who is your target ?
Most [Not all] Federal LE is P25, but there are some still analog users.

Many of us, use "Auto" for it to detect either Analog or P25

As to AGC - YMMV, but I have never had to touch those settings
Nothing in particular, just wanted to see if anything or anyone is active in my area. Never have given those ranges any attention but I'm going to now. Have DMR key too so hopefully that helps. Have modulation set to auto and neither analog or digital AGC is on. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything, since like you said most transmissions would more than likely be digital.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
***( SORRY ABOUT CAPS/ETC MY KEYBOARD IS ACTING UP)***

your correct PSP switched to a full digital P25 system year ot two ago every PSP channel is fully strapped encrypted. Our local FBI uses 170mhz daily. DEA havent heard anything in years but yes it was 400mhz. PA wasted millions on OPENCRAP system....Thats where I disagree Scranton is the HUB for drugs and violent gangs coming from NY,NJ and Philly we have more action here than you can imagine, however, brings me to the point not hearing much. They may be using Nextel style or LTE two ways but during surveillance and raids etc they must be transmitting on something. Like I said I know lots of money is being spent on these radios AND THIS SYSTEM BUT STILL CANT HEAR ANYTHING EVEN ENCRYPTED. ARE THESE Radios sitting in a room unused? I'm SETTING UP NOW FOR A THROUGH SEARCH IN THE RELEVANT BANDS AND WILL REPORT MY FINDINGS IN A FEW WEEKS. iF SOMEONE KEYS UP IN THIS AREA I'm GOING O KNOW ABOUT IT. i ALWAYS JUST SCANNED MY LISTS BUT THANKS TO SUGGESTIONS ill TRY THIS.
The DEA in SE PA still use the old UHF channel plan and are usually in the clear outside of Phila. 418.9 NAC156 CH2 was used several times this week by a/c doing surv in the clear. Locally here in the Reading/Allentown areas, DEA CH3 418.75 NAC156 is usually the popular freq for surv in the clear and was used several times this week. ICE was used locally in the clear on 168.5875 NAC169 TAC 2 in the clear for surv. Two linked rptrs used in the area are 170.725 NAC388 /171.1875 NAC385 used by ICE in the clear in the Reading/Allentown/Philly areas for surv.

Rooney140

Premium Subscriber
The DEA in SE PA still use the old UHF channel plan and are usually in the clear outside of Phila. 418.9 NAC156 CH2 was used several times this week by a/c doing surv in the clear. Locally here in the Reading/Allentown areas, DEA CH3 418.75 NAC156 is usually the popular freq for surv in the clear and was used several times this week. ICE was used locally in the clear on 168.5875 NAC169 TAC 2 in the clear for surv. Two linked rptrs used in the area are 170.725 NAC388 /171.1875 NAC385 used by ICE in the clear in the Reading/Allentown/Philly areas for surv.
I'm thinking in the very near future, You will be able to say, They were in the clear and on these Frequency's with these NAC's !!!

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking in the very near future, You will be able to say, They were in the clear and on these Frequency's with these NAC's !!!
Details; Details; Details; just like Location; Location; Location; 165.4625 NAC301 Charlie 100/NJ unit r/c. Does that suit you better????

Last edited:

ecps92

thanks for the confirmation on the Location heard from, gives much more perspective.

Generally DNET 7 [some exceptions] is not linked, so you must have been hearing the Phili Repeater then, which would explain a NJ unit acessing it.

Keep monitoring
Yes, from my qth in Reading, PA. Using a BCD436/RS discone @35'. Rptrs that are linked have very large coverage areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.