Anyone in AA county want to help program a Pro96?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLMTR50

I just picked up a Pro96 about two weeks ago & this thing is over my head lol. my last scanner was a Pro91. I have the programming cable from radio shack but I haven`t bought any software yet. For me its easier to learn hands on but Im afarid to loose the channels I can get now.
Thanks

mjohn

No thanks, but i'm in the same boat with the 396T, thing is a bear to learn. Going on a week and I think i'm finally starting to get the hang of it. Good luck!

-John
Pasadena, MD

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Go download Win96 from the Starrsoft website - it's good for 30 days before you need to register. Then go to the following website, and download the appropriate .p96 files (you may need to change the file extension in Explorer - I understand Firefox - and some others - likes to change the extensions on downloaded files...)

http://henney.com/chm/files/p96files/

73s Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
mjohn said:
No thanks, but i'm in the same boat with the 396T, thing is a bear to learn. Going on a week and I think i'm finally starting to get the hang of it. Good luck!

-John
Pasadena, MD

John, you might find it a bit easier if you joined the 396 Yahoo group and went to the Files area. They have numerous files, both UASD and Mem types. The URL is

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCD396T/

73s Mike

mjohn

Thanks for the tip Mike, I am a member and the group has helped me with some of the more advanced features (that the manual seems to give little to no time to). I rather enjoyed learning the ins-and-outs of the radio. I played with it more last night and think I have the bulk of it down pat. Just need to wrap my mind around a suitable plan for my memory and channels and such. I'd rather make my own than use someone elses', but it might be nice to see how others do have theirs programmed. Whatever works, i'm sure i'll go through a few different configs before finding the perfect one.

Good luck ALLM, that link Mike posted looks like what you want for sure!

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.