Anytone 878 Codeplug for Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but there was not one for my area so I had to make one. I've now spent roughly 12 hours diagnosing it and I have yet to make a contact or hear anything at all. I can't even hit my local analog repeater(which is less than 5 miles away), which is something my cheap baofeng can on low power. I'm either doing something wrong or I have the deadest radio I have ever used. I can barely get my local noaa weather station, which is a constant feed. Any ideas? Local zip is 20639 if that helps.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I'm either doing something wrong or I have the deadest radio I have ever used. I can barely get my local noaa weather station, which is a constant feed. Any ideas?
If you're not already familiar with DMR radios, programming an 878 from scratch can be a bear. There are so many settings and it doesn't take much to render one useless.
Suggest that you study a known functional codeplug to learn the structure, then build a very basic one for your 878... maybe just one or two analog channels first, then add one or two DMR channels, until you get things working correctly. Once the light goes on over your head, then you can start over from scratch with your "dream" codeplug.
If you're not already aware, there are numerous DMR-related videos and tutorials that can be found online. Keep at it.

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
I figured out what I'm going to do: right now I'm talking to Bridgecomsystems (the retailer I bought it from) to see if I can return it. If I can't, I'm gonna sell it at a loss and try to get back some of what I paid. After that, I'm gonna leave the hobby completely and move on with my life. I've now put approximately 18 hours more/less straight into trying to get this to work and I have officially had it. Thank you to everyone who responded!

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I figured out what I'm going to do: right now I'm talking to Bridgecomsystems (the retailer I bought it from) to see if I can return it. If I can't, I'm gonna sell it at a loss and try to get back some of what I paid. After that, I'm gonna leave the hobby completely and move on with my life. I've now put approximately 18 hours more/less straight into trying to get this to work and I have officially had it. Thank you to everyone who responded!

That's up to you. It's not that hard. Start with basic analog repeaters and make sure everything is working there. Then move on to video. There are so many Youtube videos and websites out there related to programming for DMR, specifically this radio, it's not even funny.

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
I've tried videos. I took a class on this thing- retailer included one in the box. I've tried even entering in my local noaa freq (which is is a constant stream and I know works). If I could get my local analog repeater to work I won't be so frustrated but all I get is nothing but static.

vfn137

Premium Subscriber
This site has a downloadable codeplug for the 868. It contains the repeaters for the Richmond area and should help with your programming.

Chris
km4ffv

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I've tried videos. I took a class on this thing- retailer included one in the box. I've tried even entering in my local noaa freq (which is is a constant stream and I know works). If I could get my local analog repeater to work I won't be so frustrated but all I get is nothing but static.

Definitely should not be getting static on a local NOAA broadcast. If that's the case, something is likely broken, either the antenna or the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.