AOR SCANNER QUESTIONS....Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am very new to this thread..
and I wanted to see if I can find the answers to some of my questions?
1.II have the AOR DV1 and I am looking to do a deal with someone tomorrow for the AOR DV10....... AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING??
2. Is there an update to add TETRA-TC to the AOR-DV10? Or is it in the pipeline?
Also just to add I have both WHISTLER TRX1 & TRX2 as well as the AOR... and I find them all unique in there own ways. They all have little Quirks!
Thanks guys...
A

Attachments

• 29C4D4D1-31B0-4C7A-BF77-6EE7A629FA14.jpeg
    29C4D4D1-31B0-4C7A-BF77-6EE7A629FA14.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 18

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
There is some talk that AOR have issued a second batch of AR-DV10's VERY recently, and although several problems still exist they 'may' have reduced the frequency drift / stability to an acceptable level. Only one person has suggested that and there is no other verification as far as I know. AOR 'may' have made a hardware mod to the second batch, but would not admit it anyway.

Your 'source' is very likely to be offloading one of the first batch in any case, so 'buyer beware'.

As far as I am aware AOR are saying nothing about 'T-TC', most probably because the other software issues with the DV10 are (or should be) their priority at this time. In any case they said from day one the radio could be controlled externally, and still maintain that. In reality any memory control functions still lock the Unit up solidly. Who needs external control under those circumstances?

Your decision, but I would not take on a DV10 until there was conclusive evidence that all the issues were really fixed, and it is no use believing AOR or Dealers about that. Even Magazine reviews have ignores the problems to date. All to do with financial involvement most likely. Only independent evidence from trusted sources would go some way to convincing me.

Good luck

woodpecker

There is some talk that AOR have issued a second batch of AR-DV10's VERY recently, and although several problems still exist they 'may' have reduced the frequency drift / stability to an acceptable level. Only one person has suggested that and there is no other verification as far as I know. AOR 'may' have made a hardware mod to the second batch, but would not admit it anyway.

The firmware uses the same botch adjustment constants so they can't have modified the hardware, if they modify the hardware they will have to stop jumping the oscillator around in the firmware. This could be done by checking the serial number and switching it off but it will be obvious in the firmware.

Your 'source' is very likely to be offloading one of the first batch in any case, so 'buyer beware'.

As far as I am aware AOR are saying nothing about 'T-TC', most probably because the other software issues with the DV10 are (or should be) their priority at this time. In any case they said from day one the radio could be controlled externally, and still maintain that. In reality any memory control functions still lock the Unit up solidly. Who needs external control under those circumstances?

Your decision, but I would not take on a DV10 until there was conclusive evidence that all the issues were really fixed, and it is no use believing AOR or Dealers about that. Even Magazine reviews have ignores the problems to date. All to do with financial involvement most likely. Only independent evidence from trusted sources would go some way to convincing me.

Good luck
Thanks for your replies. So your saying stay away from the dv10? Keep the dv1? A

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
You decision. I kept my DV1 and returned the DV10 I bought. There was never any question in my mind about the DV1, would not be without it.

woodpecker

That's a very broad and misleading statement. While it's true the the AR-DV10 has some issues, AOR is a respected company and has produced some great receiver over the years!

I own an ARAlpha, SR2000A, SR2200, AR8200, AR8600, ARDV1 and ARDV10 as well as a lot of other brands of receivers and none of this bunch would come into the great category, they are far from it, even their so called flag ship ARAlpha is poor, the only thing AOR can claim is they decode the most modes.

AOR have never produce anything great!

Replace is with was....

Mike

Good luck
Hello.
Thanks for your reply. How do I find out what batch it is?
Serial AA630700...FW 1903B
A

c0ne

I am the one that has his DV10 replaced and I noticed two things.

1. DMR demodulation goes more smooth than my 1st batch model.
2. I have less to none shielding/teething issues.

The only reason for this improvement i can come up with is that my previous one was rushed out and might had shielding flaws from they manufactory. I cannot prove this since I don’t own the first one anymore. The firmware stability is the same crap.

c0ne

Ooh finally, the reason why aor replaced it because they couldn’t find the root cause of the memory corruptions i presented here on RR. Aor assumed the device had to be broken, After that various other people reported the exact same problems. They aren’t really great at finding and fixing bugs, aor that is.

G7HID

AOR are careful not to give out any information that could possibly used against them - so they say nothing....

Mike

I thank all of you for your help with this....
and I believe I may keep the dv1....
Just to add... I have tried to find clear tetra here.. ie LUL. But with no success... I have tried a couple of C/C.
394.1125...392.7625. BUT NOTHING...
Anyone actually been able to hear?
A.

palmerjrusa

I own an ARAlpha, SR2000A, SR2200, AR8200, AR8600, ARDV1 and ARDV10 as well as a lot of other brands of receivers and none of this bunch would come into the great category, they are far from it, even their so called flag ship ARAlpha is poor, the only thing AOR can claim is they decode the most modes.

That's a little harsh, I own an AR5000+3 and it's one of the best receivers I've ever owned, wouldn't part with it for anything. Even though it's old school design it compares favorably re the basics to my Icom ic-r8600.

I don't know what's up with the company recently re the ARDV10 fiasco...

G7HID

I thank all of you for your help with this....
and I believe I may keep the dv1....
Just to add... I have tried to find clear tetra here.. ie LUL. But with no success... I have tried a couple of C/C.
394.1125...392.7625. BUT NOTHING...
Anyone actually been able to hear?
A.

Keep meaning to park next to a London Underground line and see what I can hear...
Have not found any unencrypted Tetra around London, but Nottingham Trams are in the clear on UHF

Mike

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

I have to ask, if you had so many problems with every AOR you've purchased why do you keep buying them? :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.