• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Apx 6000li shoulder mic adapted to PTT

Jbernard475

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and im just getting started in radio electronics. I have a APX 6000Li shoulder mic that has the standard 12 pin accessory pinout connector on it. I was given a TCI push to talk with a broken accessory connector. I am trying to connect the PTT to the accessory connector that I cut from the mic. The problem I am running into is that I don't know the APX 6000Li pinout and which color wire correlates to which pin. I have tried every which way and have been unsuccessful with getting the PTT or audio to work with a headset. Does anyone know if this can even be done, or know which color wires need to be connected to get audio and the PTT to work. The pics below are the whole project and the cut ends.Thanks!

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2941.jpgIMG_2939.jpgIMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

scfd4

Zip tie technician
Have you already tried matching the wire colors together? I know one has more than the other but it would be a start. Here’s the pin out to the m7 connector but unfortunately it doesn’t tell what goes where as far as wire color.

Attachments

• 82F02E55-1CC4-44D2-B16C-B3D814DEF29D.jpeg
    82F02E55-1CC4-44D2-B16C-B3D814DEF29D.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 28

Jbernard475

Thank you for the pin out! I have tried matching all the same colors and like colors and have had no luck.

Those connectors are sealed and are impossible to get a part without destroying them, or else I would take it apart slowly and match the wire color to the pin.

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
You could use the Ohm meter function on a multi-meter, or the integrated continuity tester (if so equipped), to determine which wire is associated with which pin on the connector. As for compatibility between the headset and the accessory connector, I'm not sure on that. I believe there may be an audio preamplifier in the RSM that may not exist in the headset.

- J

hitechRadio

You could of bought a decent trbo headset on amazon for cheap, instead of hacking up that speaker mic.