• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX APX 8000 Bluetooth Compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFG_rrt

I have BT turned on, and the radio sees my Bose QuietComfort headphones, but the pairing always fails. Is there a list of compatibility? My headphones even read off the APX RADIO, but they don't actually connect.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Do you have the BT set to "LF MPP and Standard" in Radio Wide options in CPS. Keep in mind, not all COTS headsets are compatible. There is no "list" of consumer compatible devices. Some work, some don't. The only GUARANTEED compatible devices are Motorola Mission Critical BT devices.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The radio will display BT profiles not supported after Pairing in progress... if the device is not compatible.

MFG_rrt

Do you have the BT set to "LF MPP and Standard" in Radio Wide options in CPS. Keep in mind, not all COTS headsets are compatible. There is no "list" of consumer compatible devices. Some work, some don't. The only GUARANTEED compatible devices are Motorola Mission Critical BT devices.
I have it setup as Standard. You’re right, no guarantees, I was just hoping it would work since it’s newer technology (QuietComfort)

The radio will display BT profiles not supported after Pairing in progress... if the device is not compatible.
Ok thanks for that. It’s saying “failed to connect” so maybe it’s user error right now lol!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Make sure that the headphones are not actively connected to any other device before pairing with the APX.

MFG_rrt

I cleared the device list on my headphones and the pairing still fails. They may just not be compatible.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I've gotten my LG HBS-750 to pair just fine. It's a crapshoot as to which will work and which won't.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I have a Plantronics M70 bluetooth earpiece paired to mine. But I had to clear all other pairings from the radio before it would pair.

MFG_rrt

I've gotten my LG HBS-750 to pair just fine. It's a crapshoot as to which will work and which won't.
I have a Plantronics M70 bluetooth earpiece paired to mine. But I had to clear all other pairings from the radio before it would pair.

Thanks for the info. Oddly enough I got my jaybirds to connect, but the audio still comes through the radio speaker and not the headphone.

kb0uxv

Found this thread on a google search. Just wanted to update that I also tried to pair the 8000 with recently acquired Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones. The radio and headphones both have the latest firmware. Pairing still fails. I did find the Bose will pair with Motorola NEXT radio, unfortunately the accesory key will not work for PTT. Also the headphones report a phone call right after pairing and then continually air your own voice / ambient noise, adjustment of headphone setting is needed to fix the audio feedback. Looks like mission critical POD is best for NEXT PTT, side key does not activate mic on headset.

As far as 8000 goes, the best solution for Bose in my experience is to go corded into the mission critical POD with the 3.5mm adapter (mandatory for the standard 3.5mm to adapt to the POD twist lock connector). I have been doing that with the previous Quiet Comfort 25 (corded only) version which works great with the POD. When POD has a PTT the headset mic is active. No feedback loops. Noise cancelling is super handy in noisy environments like a command post or EOC. Those corded 25 models used to be found at good prices on the net refurbished but the supply seems to be drying up, Bose no longer lists them.

The POD with 3.5mm adapter also works into corded Iphone ear buds with inline mic. That's been handy for undercover work for some of our staff.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The Plantronics 5200, the newer version of the Legend, has the LOUDEST audio of any BT headset I have tested, pairs with Motorolas as well. The Voyager also pairs, but the audio output is a lot weaker. I know the Jabras also pair with my Moto. My Moto will also pair to my AVR, my TV, my Macbook etc, but besides pairing, it has no functionality with those devices...it hates my cars also.

Paul

DiGiTaLD

I have it setup as Standard. You’re right, no guarantees, I was just hoping it would work since it’s newer technology (QuietComfort)

Ok thanks for that. It’s saying “failed to connect” so maybe it’s user error right now lol!
They are very picky as to what they will and will not pair with. I have a thread on this somewhere in this section. There are apparently a lot of COTS Bluetooth equipment out there that they don't want to pair with.

I use an old Motorola H270 Bluetooth earpiece, when I use one.

jbaker399

Bluetooth on the APX radios support the following protocols.
• Headset (HSP)
• Dial Up Networking (DUN)
• Personal Area Networking (PAN)
• Serial Port (SPP)
• Generic Access Profile (GAP)
• General Attribute Profile (GATT)

I believe most of the COTS products on the market use the hands-free profile (HFP). HSP is probably your best bet for COTS devices to pair to APX.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I can't get my apx8000 to pair with a prime Blu RSM speaker mic. I suppose Moto did something which only allows Moto gear to connect? I'll just buy the rln6554

Status
Not open for further replies.