ARC 536/436 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
I also like it.

Is there a way to open more than one Favorite Lists when reading data? Would be nice to have an option "select all Favorite Lists" in the Load Favorite File from scanner window.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Substantial improvements in Version 0.80. Imports from XT now properly assign squelch tone type and import P25 NACs.

Since I don't have a x36 scanner yet, I'm doing some of this blind. I'm really unclear on QKs for Favorite Lists, Systems, and Departments. I've mentioned to Gommert that labeling them might help. Also that QK overviews and a Start Up Config overview would help clear up my confusion.

bswp

I as wondering what this "ARC" software was, sounded like an alternative to Uniden's application, and now I've figured it out... so glad to see strong alternatives like this being offered, with superior user interface! Roll on, Butel.

Hit_Factor

Just FYI, I'm using build 8 and it does not write location data to the scanner. Just a heads up, later versions will.

If the installer launches when you click various buttons, just uninstall and reinstall. Problem clears right up.

I used to have to run as administrator on Win8.1, but no longer.

I sent developer an email about this and a couple other things, they replied quickly.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've been tinkering with the ARC 536 for a couple of days now and am quite pleased with it. Yes, just like any other new software there have been bugs to come up (which is the whole reason for beta testing), but Gommert has dealt with them quickly.

There are things Uniden's Sentinel does, namely update scanner firmware and master database that ARC probably won't. ARC allows you to do virtual control (Pro version) with history logging, along with a little easier editing of Favorites Lists.

Also and this is a "biggie" (at least for me). When you import RR data with ARC, you have a choice of importing the Alpha tag for a channel as the channel name, or the channel description for a channel name.

Yet another good feature of ARC is it will allow you to import files for your other scanners that you have used other ARC products to create. So that means systems I created for my 396XT/996XT using ARC XT can be imported to ARC 536. (However right this moment the GPS data doesn't carry over, but I'm sure Gommert will deal with that).

So for the future, I see me doing a few things with Sentinel and a lot of things with ARC.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just for the heck of it, I just tried it. Instead of downloading the zip file, it just opens the link to a web page. So something seems amiss.

I imagine Gommert reads this thread often and will fix it.

He's on build 9 BTW, which I got to open a few hours ago.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Same thing here. Tried to download version 0.80 and does nothing. Just sits there. Tried on two different computers. Oh well, hope it gets fixed. I was already to give ARC536 a test drive.
Steve AA6IO

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Just installed ver .80. Seems to be working OK. However, I think there may be problem with 536HP. When I run the serial port for virtual control, the speaker output decreases about 50 to 70% and becomes very muffled. Anyone else running serial port with Butel or other software notice this.

Steve AA6IO

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Virtual control working well. USB drivers installed right away. Have 29 com ports available on this version. Using com port 20. Will experiment around with audio problem. See what might be going on. Will try programming later today with beta version. Thank you Gommert.
Steve AA6IO

Status
Not open for further replies.