ARC 536/436 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
Have found a few bugs

The character counter is in the talk group / frequency column and not in the alpha tag column.

The charm bar in windows 8.1 is coloring everything black on the right side the width of the charm bar and also moving the up and down arrows to as far over to the left as the charm bar goes.

drdeputy

Premium Subscriber
ARC536PRO

Is there an online manual available? It have it running, but have questions and thought I'd read through the manual (RTFM), but I can't seem to find one......is there one yet?

THX

Disregard for now.....I found the PDF that is with the download unless there is anything more recent.

Last edited:

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
You can drag the separator lines between the individual fields and make them wider. For example, you can use the mouse to move the line between Department and Hit Count to expand that field. Should expand the logging window.
FWIW I asked Gommert if he would consider separating the logging window from VC. No dice.

Thank you for that !!!

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
In the next build could you center the radio in virtual control mode.

And just a thought how about a way to adjust font size in program.

Maybe a way to change color displays in virtual mode .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The radio can be centered in virtual control mode by right mouse clicking on the display and choosing Align Center.

Don't know about the other two things, however.

Gommert had been moving right along at dealing with issues, but it appears the pace has slowed down. There are some fixes that still need to be made.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
Naming files created by Virtual Control

The 396XT software allowed options for naming the audio files that are created by Virtual Control (frequency, start time, stop time, CTCSS, etc). I have not found these options in ARC536 - are they available? Thanks.

mancow

Database Admin
Tonight was the first time I've used this software and I'm trying to get the hang of it.

I am working with favorites lists right now. Is there a way to see more than one list at once? It appears I have to read a list from the radio one at a time.

Is there an overall view of how the radio is laid out anywhere? I have several lists but I'm no lost as to what list has what favorites list quick key number and what not. I need a map of some sort.

Also, I can't seem to edit the actual name of the favorite list... at all. I want to change from Federal to FEDERAL but I can't.

lsmith456z

Premium Subscriber
Newbie Here:
I have a question regarding this software. Is there a way to download the FULL database for all of US or do i have to select a state, then download each county

Thanks in advance

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to download the FULL database for all of US or do i have to select a state, then download each county

No. ARC is intended to create Favorites Lists and not donwload the full database. Even if you could create a Favorites List with the full database, the size of the file would exceed the 1MB limitation.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Came across something interesting today. While playing with the "Write Data" window, I checked the box for "Copy in Name". So when I push it to the radio I can see that in the FL name it shows the [F0] in the name. Kinda cool. Then my accident I checked that box off again when I did another update to the scanner and now I see [F0][F0] in the name. So of course I could keep doing that and really mess up the FL name that shows on the screen of the 436. So now the question...How can I edit the name of the FL if I no longer what that in the FL name or on my display? There is no way in the software that I can tell that allows you to edit the name of the FL list.

So the fix for me was to go into the SD card and modify the f_list.cfg file to remove the extra stuff that arc536 added in.

If the software allows me to add to the names of the FL's there should be a way to edit them as well to change them or whatever and not have to go into the SD card to modify it.

Also that check box is not included in the help file so it was trial and error for me. No damage done since I know how to edit the cfg files but that should not be the way the end user should have to go about making changes.

Guess my request is to have a FL editor added to the menu so if you want to change the name of any FL you can easily do that from within ARC536.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
They will be added in a later build, for now the format is fixed.

Gommert
Butel Software

Hey Gommert,

Hope all is well! I know this threat is a few years old but are you still doing any Beta Tests of the ARC-536 Pro software? Or are you not going to do anything else with it? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.