ARC Computer Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birch5261

Back a few years ago I had software installed on my computer that would allow me to listen to multiple frequencies and also add new frequencies. This was all done through the internet, I am pretty sure that the software was made my ARC but I cant seem to find it anywhere on the net anymore. It was a free download, and I remember being able to listen to multiple frequencies in my area, yet theres only two audio feeds on the net for my county through radio reference... Does anyone have any clue to what this software was or if its still available or if there is anything like it? It was basically a scanner for your desktop, and it worked great.

thanks for your help anything is appreciated

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm wondering if you're crossing your apples and oranges here and coming up with grapefruit :.>>

Many scanners today can be run off a computer, and would allow you to add and change frequencies. That's a different animal from listening online.

As for listening on your desktop, you can listen to any of the audio feeds without any kind of other interface (Windows Media Player works in most instances, although at times I will use VLC). There are some sites (Global Tuners, for one) that suggest use of a couple different interfaces and plugins.

I'm unsure this is precisely what you mean here, but it does seem you're getting a couple of things mixed up here

Best regards..Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
maybe thinking of arc ezstream i remember a few ppl who had used it for their feeds.it has been discontinued for a good while now if i remember correctly.

Birch5261

apples and oranges lol

I was speaking of the easy stream client... i see that the dropped the program... do you know of any other program that is similar? I don't understand why they would drop such a good program..

Does anyone know if there is any other type of similar software? Is there any plans for a replacement? Why would they drop such a good program? You'd think they would have started charging for it, or something....

Status
Not open for further replies.