ARC-Eazystream server question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
I am looking at potentially buying this software, but am curious as to how much horsepower this app really takes.

My machine at home is an Athlon 64 dual core 3800+ with 2 GB of RAM running Windows XP. I've historically run Windows Media Encoder (which uses very little CPU time) along with a WMWare session of XP using 768MB of RAM at the same time and had no issues with studdering or anything else.

Why I am asking is that I would like to run Eazystream Server at the same time, giving me the listening options of Eazystream for at the office and Windows Media via my cell phone.

Would there be any conflicts with the sharing of the audio? I've run Teamspeak and Windows Media Encoder using the same audio feed off the same sound card without any issues.

Any feedback is appreciated!

smason

I am looking at potentially buying this software, but am curious as to how much horsepower this app really takes.Why I am asking is that I would like to run Eazystream Server at the same time, giving me the listening options of Eazystream for at the office and Windows Media via my cell phone.

Not sure about the conflict, you'd probably have to test it. As for horsepower, I'm running in in an XP vm session, and while straming the weather broadcast to a local workstation it hovers between 0 and 2% cpu utilization.

That said, the audio can get a bit choppy if someone in the house is doing something bandwidth intensive, though I haven't noticed that since I changed to gigabit ethernet.

I think you can download a trial, seems to me I test drove my setup before I purchased.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
I'm not sure that this software is still supported by Butel. There is a Yahoo Group for this software that should be able to provide further info.

Status
Not open for further replies.