ARC300 Problem Questions With Pro 163

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerNuts

Greetings,

I recently acquired the Pro-163 (with firmware update) and found this excellent message board that kept me from making the "normal" mistakes upon interfacing with the computer and database downloads. All the little required steps went very well without any issues, as interfaced with my Windows XP system.

However, upon using the demo version of ARC 300 (ver 1.10 build 1-Demo) the confusion came into play. First off, I was able to load my local trunking public service into the scanner and it preformed flawlessly. Then I got brave and tried to load in the larger county system that exceeds the 100 channels of the first bank. There were 144 channels total for this program which the software did show on the freq listing, but it only loads the first 100 into the scanner.

I would think I would be able to load more than one bank at a time? Do I have a switch set incorrectly? Or perhaps this is a limit to the Demo version?

Also, I notice in the documentation, it indicates once you get your data loaded to the computer to hit the "Create System" button. The only button I see is "Import".

Any information, hints, and/or further guidance you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and efforts - this site is simply wonderful, truly a wealth of information.

Thank you

ScannerNuts

Yes, I realize that a bank only has 100 positions on this scanner. But I assumed when downloading the database for the particular system that if it went over 100 items that it would just roll over to the next bank.

So, by your answer I would assume that I must manually determine where I need the break to set up the next bank? So, I assume I would also need the control freq's on the additional bank (assuming it is the same system)?

Additionally, I still don't understand the instructions say to click the "Create System" button, and the only thing I see is "Import"?

Please excuse the elementary questions, I have been playing with scanners for literally decades but this is the first trunking unit I have owned. Which of course means the first one I owned that I have used the exterior computer software databases for programming. So, I still have a few curves to my learning.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Which trunk systems are you importing?
It's unlikely that you need to program 144 trunk frequencies to track your local trunk system.

Some screenshots in the manual are taken from different software, CreateSystem and Import does the same thing.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.