ARC500 issues need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I just bought ARC500 from Butel to replace the Win500 that doesn't work well with Win10. This program is so hard to use and not anywhere close to how Win500 which was the best software i ever used. I tried creating new objects but it only puts then at the end of the list. so i cut and paste where i want them to be and it overwrites a bunch of objects or channels instead of moving them down. Now i lost god knows what. I didn't realize at first it was overwriting my objects (freqs etc) till later. How do i create new objects where i want them or paste them where i want them without overwriting? How do i "move" more then one at a time with the move arrows? it only lets me do one object at a time which takes forever. I hate this software so far. and the object numbers are at the right end of the window so i have to scroll right to see it but then i can't see the freq to know which line i'm looking at. i have to know what object numbers are as that is what the PSR500 uses when i enter a direct object number to go to a specific programmed channel/freq. furthermore it doesn't let you reassign object numbers like Win500 so i don't know how that is going to work out. Did i buy crap software?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I use ARC500 and I like it. To avoid overwriting, go to the Options tab and insert empty lines. You can use the Ctrl-x and Ctrl-v shortcuts to cut and paste. You can also use Ctrl-c to copy. If you want to move a block of channels or talkgroups, insert enough empty lines and then highlight the ones you want and cut and paste. Under the Options tab, you can also remove empty lines.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I'm running Win500 on Win10 and have never had any problems... I haven't any experience with ARC500 except for the trial period and it seemed not as user intuitive as Win500 to me.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
What specific problems are you having with Win500 running on Win10? As others have said, Win500 runs just fine on Win10.
It works very slowly. Each thing i do on there takes 20-30 seconds to do. and when i save it takes up to a minute to let me do anything again. and it takes 20 seconds to switch from one tab to another. takes at least 5 seconds to insert a new line or move a line. Takes 20 seconds to copy and paste. It takes forever to get any major programming done. I can't figure out why it's so slow and laggy. My computer has been reset a few times as well over the last year and also my old laptop before this one was the same way with Win500.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I use ARC500 and I like it. To avoid overwriting, go to the Options tab and insert empty lines. You can use the Ctrl-x and Ctrl-v shortcuts to cut and paste. You can also use Ctrl-c to copy. If you want to move a block of channels or talkgroups, insert enough empty lines and then highlight the ones you want and cut and paste. Under the Options tab, you can also remove empty lines.
how do you add empty lines? whenever i click add like i mentioned before it puts it at the bottom of the list. I just tried again and it put the empty lines at the bottom. so i still can't paste where i want. edit: I see you mentioned the options tab. I found it now but that isn't very convenient. I keep expecting to find it in the right click menu. is there not a shortcut to add empty lines? If i need to add several it will take forever. Dang, it took forever to count the objects to move and it was 30 then had to count out each line. this is so annoying!!!!

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Are you using the latest version of Win500? V2.08 is the latest.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
Are you using the latest version of Win500? V2.08 is the latest.
I don't remember the version but it was the newest but the guy never made an update since Windows 10 came out. So many people say their emails went unanswered and i emailed the dev about the problem and it remain unanswered. I seldom spend money on software and the times i did i get burned because tech support doesn't fix anything.

tvengr

Well Known Member
how do you add empty lines? whenever i click add like i mentioned before it puts it at the bottom of the list.
Highlight the line after where you want to insert the empty line. If you highlight a number of lines, that number of empty lines will be inserted when you insert empty line.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
Highlight the line after where you want to insert the empty line. If you highlight a number of lines, that number of empty lines will be inserted when you insert empty line.
thanks that helps more. btw i have a bunch of new Objects that don't have ID numbers and some i tried to use the Fill feature on so there's 15 duplicate ID numbers. I thought the program was supposed to assign the numbers automatically? I can't figure out how to fix it.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is an ARC500 file for Lyon County. The system will scan all 5 sites in Lyon County. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC500 and Upload to Scanner. Scan lists as follows:

SCAN LISTS:
1. KSICS Statewide
2. Lyon Co Interop
3. Lyon Co Fire Trunked
4. Lyon Co Law Trunked
5. Lyon Co Fire Conventional
6. Lyon Co Law Conventional

Attachments

• Lyon Co KS GR5.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.