Ardv1/Ardv10-pc-computer-control-new-s-w

TMac20

I received a driver for the DV10 for Windows 10 (I have not had time to test yet) if anyone is interested PM me.

woodpecker

I received a driver for the DV10 for Windows 10 (I have not had time to test yet) if anyone is interested PM me.

The DV10 is a USB CDC device with VID_08D0 & PID_0101 that uses usbser.sys, it doesn't need a special driver.

TMac20

The driver was given by AOR to dealer specifically for the DV10- so I can only note what I have outlined.

I do know when I go the DV10 it did have trouble with Windows 10 Pro having a stable connection when first tested.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Re. Last update

I found a small problem. Sometimes at Start-up or Shutdown, the Radio is switched to the wrong Bandwidth. It could lead to the the Squelch opening. That did however always correct itself after a few seconds.

I have cured that, but do not want to release a new version quite yet.

Although the modification was very small, it does mean I want to do a lot of testing as I always do before any new release. I am 99% confident this BETA just corrects that small problem, and and should have no 'knock on' effects.

If anyone would like to download this BETA, please email me via the Email Icon at www.espyonard.com, mention you would like the update, and I will send you a link.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
I have received quite a few emails asking about the new 'T-TC' Tetra mode in the latest BETA firmware release (1812A), and if there is any news about incorporating into eSPYonARD.

First, AOR have not published any relevant Serial Commands as yet. They may not have even included all the necessary codes in this update.

Nevertheless I have been working on a BETA program, with partial success.

I discovered (by trial and error), and have included the command to switch the DV1 to 'T-TC', (which meant lots of program changes re. that alone).

Should anyone discover any of the new Commands, please let me know. In the meantime all I can do is experiment, but being able to turn the new mode on in software is encouraging.

So far I am pleased to report I have found nothing in this Firmware release that has introduced any bugs regarding other functions.

Will update as and when I have new information.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
NEW TETRA T-TC MODE - UP AND RUNNING

eSPYonARD has been amended to receive the new Mode. Not an easy task as the Program has so many extra functions to which the new Mode is applicable.

TETRA-TC.jpg

The picture shows the Program finding Tetra signals using the Band Scope, and saving them to an inter-active list (i.e dbl-clicking on a line transfers all details to the AR-DV1).

Once the updated Program was operational it took me under 2 minutes to discover my local T-TC stations, save them, and hear their audio (in my case it was encrypted (sigh)).

Still, until now it was not possible to even hear a Tetra signal, so detecting its audio is the first and very important step.

This list also forms a 'Q' Memory file, and the details contained in it are also available for all 'Q' functions.

Tetra-TC has been incorporated into all eSPYonARD's functions.

Before officially releasing the Program's update I want to do extensive testing, especially to ensure the latest AOR Firmware has not introduced any 'gremlins'. Also we should remember the latest Firmware is a BETA, and may receive updates soon that will need further testing.

The Program update will be free, as always.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
NEW UPDATE
Just uploaded v.6.0007-010 to www.espyonard.com with new Tetra 'T-TC' Mode added.

Since my last post I have received so many emails requesting I release the new update as soon as possible, I have done so.

Bearing in mind the F/W 1812A update with 'T-TC' Mode is marked as a BETA, and incorporating it into eSPYonARD required extensive code additions and modifications I would normally have tested the new Program update for weeks, however due to popular demand I have released it now. (I have done a lot of testing of course, and will continue to do so).

Look at the end of the Manual for details.

Happy New Year

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
T-TC FIRMWARE UPDATE

I am very pleased to report that from all my 'testing' so far, the latest BETA firmware that cleverly introduced The Tetra 'T-TC' mode has no issues, and all other DV1 functions are unaffected.

AOR have NOT as yet officially released any remote commands for the new Mode, however I worked out how to switch to it remotely so the latest eSPYonARD update (above) incorporates it in all of its extra functions, including the inter-active Band Scope.

Unless you know active local Tetra frequencies they can be hard to find, I found mine within a couple of minutes with the Band Scope set to T-TC.

The Codes needed to complete remote control with T-TC will enable the manual selection of T-TC's 4 channels and that number's display on screen.

Not crucial at the moment, as under Remote Control in the Program 'T-TC' operates in its 'auto' mode, so the audio is automatically detected and available.

When AOR release the other Codes I will incorporate them into eSPYonARD of course.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
NEW FUNCTION FOR NEXT eSPYonARD UPDATE

For some time I had the idea that it would be very useful if the Band Scope's inter-active*** 'Auto-Q' list added a 'count' to each line, indicating how many times the frequency had become active.

To be honest I kept putting the idea to one side, thinking it would be very difficult to code, but this I realised how I thought I could achieve it. Delighted to say I have achieved it.

Picture attached.

For anyone who has not used this before, briefly, when the Band Scope is set up to search between two frequencies, in addition to its other functions, if Auto-Q is selected, each time a frequency becomes active, its details are added to an inter-active list. It is designed so that the line containing the frequency only appears once, however its last time and date are updated.

The new function adds a 'count' to each line, so the User knows exactly how many times the frequency became
active.

The 'Auto-Q' window can be manually cleared at any time, or individual lines selected and erased. The results can also be saved.

If Auto-Q is turned off, then the next time it is used all Counts are reset.

Despite the fact it may be very useful to acquire lists of frequencies potentially available in your area from other sources, the 'bottom line' is being able to create your own list of frequencies that are actually 'live' and available where you are, is much the best way of knowing what you can hear.

This is another area where eSPYonARD's Band Scope is really useful, in that anyone can leave it running, and after a time with 'Auto-Q' active can have a list of what is going on, i.e. what your DV1 is finding.

That list can be saved and imported into 'Q-DB', so that the frequencies it contains can be selected individually, scanned, and also the list can be filtered to your tastes.

I am always seeking new ways of expanding the use of the AR-DV1.

Adding the 'count' to the Band Scope Auto-Q is another.

As many of you will know I do a lot of testing before releasing any update. As soon as it is ready I will post details here.

1550175819987.png

*** All 'Q' windows are 'inter active', which means clicking on any line automatically transfers the frequency, and other details to the AR-DV1

Last edited:

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
AOR COMMAND LIST 'SUMMARY'

Obviously I am pleased AOR have done something.

http://www.aorja.com/support/manual...Kn-PYQSB9C1-WWP5rzWJOc_qHi6C2EUYiAKJxabc0fe34

Better than nothing, considering they had published nothing re. the DV10 previously at all, but it is very definitely just a SUMMARY, so comparing it to the full Command List for the DV1 originally published, is not going to take people very far.

There really needs to be an individual, updated FULL Command Manual for both Receivers. Never released for the DV10, and still in its original form for the DV1, with one addendum.

Unless a DV10 owner has access to a full DV1 Command manual to cross reference (and struggle with), the Summary is of little or no use to them at all.

I see that they have only included the T-TC mode command for the DV1 (which I had discovered by sideways logic).

For the DV1, that still leaves several other T-TC functions with no way of controlling them externally. Either AOR have not included them in the firmware as yet, or do not intend to bother. Time will tell.

Interestingly the Memory function commands are the same for both, however the last information posted indicates those commands still lock the DV10 solidly, and require the battery to be removed to get it going again. To me it is ominous that AOR have posted those as being applicable to the DV10. Surely they must know by now they do not work, or rather have such devastating results. One might have hoped in the SUMMARY they might have included those facts.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
40% discount for butel ar-dv1 software owners

It has been brought to my attention that many people have already purchased the BUTEL software for the AR-DV1, and because of that are naturally reluctant to buy my program (or even test it free in case they wish they had waited.

It has been suggested that BUTEL's CAT control will (once available?) only be offered as a 'paid' upgrade, and if that is true you will have to pay extra for it.

Under no circumstances would I ever 'knock' BUTEL as a Company, or any of its fine products, but if you watch the video at my website you will see my program has an awful lot to offer.

In addition, as the AR-DV1 CAT program is the ONLY one I produce, it has, and will continue to have my undivided attention, 7 days a week, and will include unlimited FREE updates.

So for two weeks only, any one who purchases my CAT program, and can then provide proof via an email that they have previously purchased the BUTEL program will receive a £20 refund.

ardv1

THIS OFFER WILL END ON THE 6TH MARCH 2016

I just now read this and it looks I just missed this offer. Any possibility of an extension? :(

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
I am pleased you are interested but, that was in 2016. I reduced the Program by £10 since then, and it has had another 3 years of work on it with lots and lots of new Functions and tweaks in that time.

Anyone downloading the free TRIAL program can see how much extra has gone into eSPYonARD by looking at the CHANGES LOG, starting at Page 59 of the Manual, LOL.

So sorry, no. Just under £40 for 4 years daily work, free support and continuing additions still happening with very many free updates already. Just checking the latest update ALL day today, and it is a Sunday, and my birthday (SIGH). Just a glutton for punishment I guess, and yes, more than a little 'obsessed'.

Cheers

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I am pleased you are interested but, that was in 2016. I reduced the Program by £10 since then, and it has had another 3 years of work on it with lots and lots of new Functions and tweaks in that time.

Anyone downloading the free TRIAL program can see how much extra has gone into eSPYonARD by looking at the CHANGES LOG, starting at Page 59 of the Manual, LOL.

So sorry, no. Just under £40 for 4 years daily work, free support and continuing additions still happening with very many free updates already. Just checking the latest update ALL day today, and it is a Sunday, and my birthday (SIGH). Just a glutton for punishment I guess, and yes, more than a little 'obsessed'.

Cheers

Well then, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (y)

My apologies! I hadn't noticed that offer was back in 2016, still getting used to the new format of the forum. I logged on to your site, downloaded the trial, sent my full payment via PayPal and emailed my DV1 serial number as requested. I will await the activation code.

Thank you,
Bill

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Well then, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (y)

My apologies! I hadn't noticed that offer was back in 2016, still getting used to the new format of the forum. I logged on to your site, downloaded the trial, sent my full payment via PayPal and emailed my DV1 serial number as requested. I will await the activation code.

Thank you,
Bill
I purchased the software recently, you won't be disappointed. A read of the manual is a must. I have the Butel software as well.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Good morning Jeff!

I downloaded your eSPYonARD software and ran the free trial. It took about five minutes to realize it was a no-brainer that I wanted/needed this program to take full advantage of the capabilities of my AR-DV1 receiver! I sent payment via PayPal, and received my activation key promptly and I appreciated that! There's nothing worse than being excited to try new software on a new radio and having to wait several days to get things going. This software is so loaded with features and control that a good read of the manual is going to make it even more enjoyable and usable. You've done an excellent job and I really appreciate all your hard work that has gone into this.

I highly recomend this to anyone with an AR-DV1 digital receiver!

Thank you,
Bill

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
eSPYonARD BAND SCOPE MK3 - ALMOST 50% SPEED IMPROVEMENT

After a lot of work I have managed to improve the time it takes to complete a Band Scope scan by almost 50%. for its 0.5, 1, 2, 4 and 10 mhz ranges. Of course it cannot reach the speed of a Receiver with a dedicated Scope operated by firmware. It is however very close to the speed the AR-DV1 manages with its own SEARCH and SCAN.

Plus the Scope has numerous inter-active functions which adds even more dimensions to operating the AR-DV1.

Means a few days more testing but I hope the new update will be posted in early April.