Ardv1/Ardv10-pc-computer-control-new-s-w

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Yes - reviewed already

FYI there is a new data editor from AOR DATA EDITOR or AOR JAPAN or AOR FRANCE
EDITEUR POUR AR DV1 et DV10

I posted a very quick preliminary review of that program 10 days ago on a Facebook Forum:-

First impressions ... an interesting 'program, but probably unlikely to rival commercial programs regarding Data Acquisition / Channel / Bank processing for either Receiver, however it is free.

Initially I had high hopes it would connect to the DV1 or DV10 via their SD Card using USB, whilst still in the Receiver, but it does not. As such there is no direct connection from the program to the Receiver from a P.C. in any way.

Can be used on a DV1 or DV10, which is a nice touch, and may therefore be useful for anyone wishing to transfer Memory details between either, although as described in an earlier post of mine that can be achieved with little effort.

Using this AOR program to edit existing details one has to:-

a. create suitable backup files on the Card via the Receiver's options

b. remove the SD Card from the Radio and put it into a P.C.

c. import the file you want into the Program on the Computer

d. do your 'editing'

e. save the results to the SD Card

f. remove the Card from the P.C. then put the Card back into the Radio

f. then transfer the amended file details to the Radio

All before one can test the results. A long process.

So far the program seems to work OK, but using it is time consuming and not being able to use directly via the USB cable, with 'real-time' results available, is a drawback.

Certainly worth downloading experimenting with, and having available in the 'Toolbox'.

F5HPE

This avantage of this AR DATA EDITOR online application is to be free of charge for every AOR users as well as usable into English, Japanese or French Language

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Possible DV-10 Codes

Hello,

I can not check these out until I actually get a DV-10, but some of these may be supported in the latest firmware.

AL0
AL1
AV
BB
BV
CI
CN
DI
DS
DT
IF
LB
LH
LM
LMD
LMR
LN
LQ Level Squelch?
MB0
MB1
MC0
MC1
MC2
MC3
MD
MG0
MG1
MISC0
MISC1
MISC2
NQ Noise Squelch?
OF0
OF1
PF0
PF1
PF2
RF
SB0
SB1
SB2
SB3
SG0
SG1
SH
SN
SQ Squelch?
ST
VFO0
VFO1
VFO2
VFO3
ZI

73 Eric

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
AR-DV10 current codes

Thanks for the list Eric.

I asked AOR for a list of commands but they replied that they were not available yet.

Initially I thought that meant they were already in the Firmware, but not documented so, as I mentioned, I wrote a program that sent all possible Code variations to the DV10, and recorded the Radio's replies.

A 60? means that a Code is not recognised.

That showed that only a proportion of Codes are actually included in the current firmware, and many need to be added by AOR before the DV10 will be capable of full-control.

I am not unduly worried about that, but wonder at the logic (or lack of it) that induced AOR to release the DV10 in an unfinished state as far as Serial Commands are concerned. No doubt the Codes will be included eventually, however long 'eventually't take, lol.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Thread Name Change - AR-DV10 included

The thread name now includes both the AR-DV1 and AR-DV10.

Since the Radios, and consequently their respective programs will be very similar, it seemed sensible to keep everything in the same thread.

Because AOR have not fully incorporated or documented Control Codes for the DV10, the program for it is not yet complete, but I have put a lot of work into it so far, which has also thrown up quite a few new ideas, functions and improvements for the AR-DV1 and those will appear in the next update.

Will post here when there is more news.

F5HPE

COSPAS facility

...Since the Radios, and consequently their respective programs will be very similar, it seemed sensible to keep everything in the same thread.....

Nice to read this info.
Finaly you admit and follow my advice about DV10 USb instruction.
It is important for any DV1 and DV10 users to understand AOR is planing to make code very similar.
This make a core advantage for the brand.
I invite you and any reader to have a look to this youtube link.
DV10 is ready for COSPAS.

https://youtu.be/xAlXjd5waC0

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Lost in translation perhaps

Nice to read this info.
Finaly you admit and follow my advice about DV10 USb instruction.
]

Perhaps this makes sense, but not to me. Not sure what I have to 'admit'. As to following your advice it is beginning to become obvious that you either really believe, or are trying to persuade people that I am your programming pupil by your last few posts on this thread. I'll let them decide (SIGH), but thanks again for the advertising, lol.

F5HPE

As I have said on this board before:
...I get the feeling that he (the frenchie) is not on the AOR France Totem Pole like he would lead us to believe...
Mike

Hey Mike,
FYI, the newest firmware is comming very soon
I already got the 1806A.
This new release includes the improved COAS PAS facilities.

Also, USB instructions have been updated.

Marlbrook: you will be in position to release your application. By the way, do you want me to remind you all the advice I shared with you during 2016 to improve your application? I still have a copy of our email exchange including the powerpoints I sent you to explian you the difference between COMA and DECIMAL POINT.
Cheers
Cheers.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Fred induced Coma

explian you the difference between COMA and DECIMAL POINT.

Ah yes, as I remember one meant a 'full stop' (if only), and the other the 'sleep-like' state reading those emails resulted in, lol.

F5HPE

Hi Gents,
As I said in a previous post.....2 days ago:

DV10 firmware update 1806B 2018/06/12
Feature improvements:
- Optional COSPAS-SARSAT distress beacon decoder function added to firmware. (To enable this feature you need to purchase an unlock key at PRO-S.I.C.. Operation instructions will be provided by Prosic.)
- Discriminator direct recording to SD. To activate discriminator recording, open a text file on your PC. Inside this text file type the word "DISC" (in capitals, just the letters DISC) and save this file as DISC.txt. Copy this file to the SD card. Insert the card into the receiver. Whenever the receivers sees this file, it will record the received audio in "discriminator" format (Limited to FM mode, 6kHz, 15kHz and 30kHz bandwidth only). Discriminator audio is an unfiltered signal, also called baseband audio. It is required by some PC applications decoding data signals such as CTCSS, SCA, FSK, RTTY, FAX, Pager data, and trunked system control data, etc... For details we invite you to ask Google.
- WAV file playback now displays playback time stamp, and percentage of total length info. Possibility to fast forward 1.3x, 2x, 4x.
- Fast frequency tuning. Rate of tuning increases depending on how fast the dial selector outer knob is rotated.
- All terminal commands now implemented, except for timer and alarm. The detailed command list will be available online at a later time. However 95% of commands are the same than for the AR-DV1 receiver.
- "Hold" added to DELAY selections in SEARCH GROUP and SCAN GROUP.

Bug fixes:
- Import of SRCHBK.CSV file to receiver produced some errors.
- The ON or OFF setting of "Digital signal info display" sometimes not reflected on MEMCH and SEARCH.
- CSV import: Frequencies without digit after the decimal were rejected.
- Digital info display did not stay on screen until frequency change.
- CTCSS/DCS behaved erratically on strong signals
- Other minor fixes

Last edited:

grosminet

I have ARDV10 for some weeks now . It is working fine . I'm waiting for a software like ARfive that could
manage "search bank, memories" in an easey way

The CSV backup usage is a nightmare . 4 lines in the same CSV with differents data structure

I don't want to set my 1000 memories on the scanner keyboard

F5HPE

Hi Grosminet. (your are french, isn't it?)
The CSV files are easy to "translate". I alreay did it for DV1 as well but not implemented into my application DV. manager because it is not the purpose of those applications dedicated to "how to discover my SDR"
I suggest you contact me to my own email adress and I let you know.
Cheers.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Ar-dv10 - new firmware 1806b - computer control

AR-DV10 - NEW FIRMWARE 1806B - COMPUTER CONTROL

The latest firmware says that serial code support has been added, although no details have been released as a pdf document yet.

It states that 95% of the codes are the same as those used in the DV1.

As I am sure most of you are aware I designed software for the AR-DV1 (eSPYonARD), and over the last couple of years spent thousands of hours regarding P.C. control for it, and adding many extra functions the DV1 lacked. In fact this whole RR thread is actually about eSPYonARD, lol.

Sorry to say that much of the new DV10 firmware serial coding appears 'flawed'.

At the moment the DV10 frequently locks up after it receives a command, with the only remedy to remove power/battery. A command often works once, then the Radio no longer responds to the same command, or different ones, until power is removed and restored.

For example one can make th DV10 switch to a Search or Memory Scan now, but too often it will not revert back to a VFO, or switch to another function. The Serial Port remains connected, but does not respond to commands.

Some basic commands work OK, as they did in the previous firmware.

I have no doubt AOR will eventually 'fix' these things, as the system works for the DV1, but I confess I am more than disappointed that the Radio was released before getting this aspect right, and that even after the latest firmware release which supposedly added most of the necessary commands, it still is at best only partially successful.

I had hoped it would be reasonably straight forward to produce a verion of eSPYonARD for the DV10 quite quickly, adding all the extra functions I came up with for the DV1. Some of those do work already, 'Q' and the Bandscope for example, which indicate that should eventually be the case, but until AOR sort out the firmware problems their end, that will not be possible.

Will report back with any progress.

grosminet

I tested the new firmware

- They changed the way the search bank are managed . Previouly arrow keys allow to bypass an occped frequency now it is changing from one search bank to another . So I have to program search bank with automatic restart after some seconds .
- They add step ajust in search bank .It is very good to monitor 3.125 Khz NXDN network (step in 6.25 and step ajust in 3.125 )

I have trouble with a search bank, I have always the Pass option activated and I can't remove it . I tried to remove the search bank and create it again with no result

optional Copas should be free for the price of this scanner

Still waiting for a good software or good documentation to manage CSV

I have had many scanners , this one is really good

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Dv10 serial commands firmware bugs

After struggling for several days I was relieved to see a post in another Forum from someone who has also discovered the DV10 locks up intermittently, particularly with regard to Memory commands.

The whole Radio 'freezes', and the only way to get it going is to remove and re-apply power.

Definitely a firmware 'bug'. Very frustrating. Lots of Commands appear to work, but then if the same Command is repeated, or another sent, the 'freeze' occurs.

No chance of finding workarounds for this. I managed to find a fair few for the DV1, but this one has to be fixed in firmware (SIGH).

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Aor (almost) confirm firmware problems with ext. Control

THEY REPLIED TO ME

I sent an email to AOR pointing out that sending/receiving Commands to the DV10 often resulted in the Radio freeezing, requiring Power to be removed and re-applied before it worked again.

Here is there reply dated 190618

-----------------
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message.

It is advised to wait until all commands have been
implemented and that the commands user manual with all details is available.
It might take some time.

Regards,

AOR Customer Service
-----------------

It looks as if they are aware of problems. The "It might take some time" is a blow.

So, despite the fact I will still keep working on the program (eSPYonARD for the AR-DV10) in the meantime, there is no chance of it being completed until the firmware has been corrected.