Audio Settings Plus & DSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscottybotty

Hi.
I’m using Fastlane for trunk tracking my Cap+ systems no problem. This is via FMP24 and PlusCC.bat.

I have since installed the open source version of DSD, and I want this version to pass audio.

Example. I want the information to be received from FMP into Plus. Then, I want everything Plus out to DSD, so the audio comes out of DSD, not Plus.

Basically I only want to use Plus for trunk tracking and the information window.

For whatever reason, I can’t get audio from Plus into DSD. Would anyone know how to do this and if it’s possible.

racingfan360

The output of DSD+ will be demodulated audio but DSD needs raw data.
I might expect you want the output of FMP24, but def not DSD+
I think would need you to rewrite the DSD source code to accept FM24 as input, or - and I'm guessing here - perhaps something like VB cable to pipe the output of FMP24 to the input of DSD.
But in any case, I'm totally confused: why on earth would want to do this in the first place, and make it so complicated vs just using DSD+?

iscottybotty

The output of DSD+ will be demodulated audio but DSD needs raw data.
I might expect you want the output of FMP24, but def not DSD+
I think would need you to rewrite the DSD source code to accept FM24 as input, or - and I'm guessing here - perhaps something like VB cable to pipe the output of FMP24 to the input of DSD.
But in any case, I'm totally confused: why on earth would want to do this in the first place, and make it so complicated vs just using DSD+?
Appreciate the reply. Plus doesn’t modulate what I want it to.

How would I write a .bat for FMP24 to push raw to DSD, not plus.

racingfan360

Appreciate the reply. Plus doesn’t modulate what I want it to.
I'm not sure what DSD does that DSD+ doesn't on that front: perhaps you can explain (?)

How would I write a .bat for FMP24 to push raw to DSD, not plus.
Others would better advise here as I've little experience with VB Cable etc, but I'd imagine you'd want to specify the output of the FMP24.bat file (eg the -o1 or -o2 switch) to match the input ID of VB Cable, and then the output of VB Cable to the input ID set in DSD.bat

Status
Not open for further replies.