AZ DPS Metro South and District 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I noticed that DPS has finally included a new district map on their website that includes Metro South (District 18). I am surprised to see that Metro South covers a lot of area East and South of Apache Junction that was District 6 in the past. US 60 all the way east past Apache Junction to Hwy 177, and Hwy 79 from US 60 south to Florence is now part of Metro South!

For those of you in the far east valley, or around Florence and Superior, you may want to make sure you are monitoring Phoenix Metro South 460.275 100.0 PL (formerly CI 1) or you might be missing some stuff you used to hear on District 6.

I am also surprised to see that they have Metro Central covering the upcoming 202 South Mountain freeway west of 24th street.

District Map | Arizona Department of Public Safety

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The District 6 / Metro South border is right at Florence. The map appears to have Florence in Metro South (460.275). The map also has "Florence" printed in the Metro South section. Certainly Hwy 79 north of Florence is now in Metro South.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Wow so this is a new change, used to be they was on the Tucson link for dps(cant see the map on the phone( so now south of florence is district 6 tucson and north is district 6 Phoenix

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Wow so this is a new change, used to be they was on the Tucson link for dps(cant see the map on the phone( so now south of florence is district 6 tucson and north is district 6 Phoenix

District 6 (460.025) is Casa Grande. This covers South of Florence on Hwy 79 and West of Florence on Hwy 287.

District 8 (460.425) is Tucson. This does not begin until farther south around I-10 at Marana or Hwy 79 at the Oracle Junction at Hwy 77.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah the stretch of nothingness on 79.
Well there is the tom mix wash and that is it

radioguru6613

I thought that the county lines are the district boundaries that's what I've always thought when I drive around the state to make sure I'm on the right channels. Also anyone noticed that some guys like to use State in car to car mode for traffic radar and stuff ... I got a close call hit last week around Williams with 2 guys doing that.

KB7MIB

SR-51 appears to be Metro Central.

I was surprised to see Metro West went so far past Wickenburg, putting 77, and stretches of 89 and 93 under their jurisdiction. I figured District 12 started at the Yavapai County line.

John
Peoria

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
I know i am bring back a old thread (not a need to make a new one since it is related to this) but has anyone heard the new setup for dps in florence, and if so, what are the unit numbers that cover the florence area?

Status
Not open for further replies.