Band Plans for MARRS (Kansas City)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwreuter

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I programmed a BCD996P2 using FreeScan with an import from the RR database. It detected the system as MOT Type II/P25. I only added the 'MO Kansas City' site which it set to Mot P25/P25 Standard. For simplicity I only programmed the Kansas City Mo - Fire Talkgroups. The scanner picks up some traffic, but not all. I can tell it's missing some transmissions based on the context and when comparing it to the live feed another user provides. When it does work the audio is clear and it shows full bars. From reading the wiki and other forum posts, my conclusion is that the band plans are incorrect. It defaulted to the following:

0:851.00625 - 6.25
1:762.00625 - 6.25
2:851.01250 - 12.5
3:762.00625 - 12.5

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can help.

System page: Metropolitan Area Regional Radio System (MARRS) Trunking System, Kansas City Metro Area, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Just one observation, Motorola Type II is not the same type of system as P25 phase II. The system you linked does appear to be P25-2.

Based on all these pins for only 11 sites, I am guessing it is simulcast. Perhaps your issue is simulcast distortion
1610022439269.png

mwreuter

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the feedback. I rebuilt the system as P25 Standard and went through the suggestions to mitigate simulcast distortion. The P25 Threshold seemed to be the biggest factor. I tested multiple levels and found 8 to be the best. I am now receiving much more traffic but also hearing audible errors. This is confirmed by using the alternate display to show levels and error count.

Status
Not open for further replies.