BC 890XLT Changing memory battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Replacement memory battery help needed.

I still have an old, but reliable 890XLT I use for scanning marine and aviation channels only. The battery that retains the memory is dead, thus I lose all channels once it is powered down. I looked in the case and see what appears to be the disc-shaped battery, but it is soldered in place.

Any comments or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

jaymatt1978

Truthfully, and I mean this with all do respect, I would junk it and buy another one. I went on ebay and found one for $26. It's easier to do that than find a memory battery. Seriously I am going through this myself I have a broken 246T that I want to find a cheape replacement even though I have a working 396

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
You need a 3 volt lithium battery with leads like these: Invalid Request

This is a $2 part and I certainly would not junk the radio instead of repairing it. Pick the battery that matches the dimensions of the original part in the radio, including the lead spacing. Unsolder the dead battery and solder the new one in place. You're good for another 10 years.

jackj

Be sure to solder the new battery in with the leads in the same holes that the old one's came out of. In other words, get the polarity right.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I thought about just turning it down, but I live in Florida, each day when it storms the electric seems to go for a few seconds, thus all my programming is history.

scma127

Premium Subscriber
bc 890xlt changing memory battery

question I have a bc890xlt scanner I keep losing memory when unplugged I see the is a battery soldered in is the a certain replacement battery for this and the manual for this radio does not have a schematic is there one and where can I get a replacement battery for this radio cannot see the model number ok battery need the schematic on this radio can anyone help me out

scma127

Premium Subscriber
uniden 890xlt 3 v battery

You need a 3 volt lithium battery with leads like these: Invalid Request

This is a $2 part and I certainly would not junk the radio instead of repairing it. Pick the battery that matches the dimensions of the original part in the radio, including the lead spacing. Unsolder the dead battery and solder the new one in place. You're good for another 10 years.

which battery do recommend 3v for the uniden bc 890xlt I need one badly

Status
Not open for further replies.