BC125 AT Scanner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

njb242

Hey guys, first post following the purchase of my first scanner! Need some help figuring this out.

I downloaded the software on my computer and programmed my scanner as such:
Bank1: police (all)/fire/ems dispatch
Bank 2: Fire dispatch, fire 2,3,4,5
Bank 3: Sheriff disp, Sheriff Car-to-car, police dispatch, University police Dispatch
Bank 4: University Police Dispatch

For starters, when I hit scan, does it go through all 4 programmed banks (there are a few repeated fz, is this a problem?)? It seems to usually just skip between two. Also, when I turn the selector knob or press buttons, the numbers on the bottom of the screen representing the banks will start flashing or go away for a specific bank. Is this significant?

Also, how to I set it to one bank, so it stays and scans the frequencies just in that bank?

After accomplishing that, is there any way to program a tone for a channel with one frequency that will sound whenever there is traffic.

Thanks in advance

safetyobc

Hey guys, first post following the purchase of my first scanner! Need some help figuring this out.

I downloaded the software on my computer and programmed my scanner as such:
Bank1: police (all)/fire/ems dispatch
Bank 2: Fire dispatch, fire 2,3,4,5
Bank 3: Sheriff disp, Sheriff Car-to-car, police dispatch, University police Dispatch
Bank 4: University Police Dispatch

For starters, when I hit scan, does it go through all 4 programmed banks (there are a few repeated fz, is this a problem?)? It seems to usually just skip between two. Also, when I turn the selector knob or press buttons, the numbers on the bottom of the screen representing the banks will start flashing or go away for a specific bank. Is this significant?

Also, how to I set it to one bank, so it stays and scans the frequencies just in that bank?

After accomplishing that, is there any way to program a tone for a channel with one frequency that will sound whenever there is traffic.

Thanks in advance

Yes it will scan through all active banks. You can turn on/off the banks by pressing the number associated with that bank while the scanner is scanning. The flashing numbers when turning the knob is normal. Setting to just one bank by hitting the number associated to all other banks to turn them off. The 125 doesn't have channel alerts.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.