BC125AT - 1.05.01 latest firmware - any updated info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Hi JB you helped me get my BC125AT updated with the information you released. This is no bug but the next thing I would like to see for the BC125AT is being able to edit the Bank name, after my SDS scanners this is the one I carry while rail fanning and air scanning. I hope this can be done with a software update, thanks for listening!

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Someone else already requested that so it's on the feature request list.

Scan125

Someone else already requested that so it's on the feature request list.
I'll have to keep an eye out for this as this could seriously affect Scan125 Control Program which currently allows a user to assign a virtual bank name.

With this respect I'll need a firmware Version number after which bank names are supported. Also the relevant updated serial COM command format. Might be better to have a new additional command (like the old one) as this would allow old programs to continue operating without problems and allow developers to implement the new command as well as appropriate. If the old command is modified then there are going to be some unhappy users when programs break.

Will this be a BC125AT update only or do you think that the UBC125 and UBC126 scanners will possibly receive the same? I guess it depends on how you Uniden US operate/cooperate with the rest of the world regional centres? (EU, AUS, NZ, JP, ....)

Last edited:

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I cannot speak for UBC models. We request things from engineering. Sometimes they will port those features to the other areas. I will at some point be creating a notification list of vendors such as yourself. I will try to remember to invite you to that.

Scan125

I will at some point be creating a notification list of vendors such as yourself. I will try to remember to invite you to that.

Thanks Joe B.

Don't forget to add Butel and their ARC125 program to your list.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Yep. And Bob from ProScan and Jon (I'm not even going to try spelling his past name).

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I'm pretty sure ProScan has never supported the BC125AT (one of the very few unsupported models) but I've known to be wrong before!

Maybe true, but there are many other products he would need to know about. The list would be a source for vendors to know "This changed in Model X", then each vendor can decide if it affects their products. Jon does not offer any SW, but if we change something with GPS, he might like to know about it.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Maybe true, but there are many other products he would need to know about. The list would be a source for vendors to know "This changed in Model X", then each vendor can decide if it affects their products. Jon does not offer any SW, but if we change something with GPS, he might like to know about it.
All very true!

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
it would seem that 1.06.05 has caused issues .. I can no longer hear some frequencies now, can and how do we downgrade back to 1.05.??

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
What are the issues? And what are the first 5 digits of your SN?

majoco

Stirrer
That's one problem with an "upgraded" firmware. The manufacturer cannot possibly be aware of every third party bit of software that runs on his receiver so he may issue an upgrade that completely messes up a programme written in some foreign language. All you can hope for is that the foreign language user has kept a backup and knows how to re-install it - and doesn't come grizzling back to the "upgrade" company saying you bricked my very expensive receiver. IMHO if it ain't broke, don't fix or fiddle with it. Nick writes a very good piece of software for my UBCT126AT that works very well so I'm not going to mess with "upgrading" the firmware and jeopardise all his hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.