Bc125at free software com port error HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyFlyer

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
646
Reaction score
114
Location
New Mexico
By "free software" I'm assuming its the software from Uniden? If so, that's what I use and occasionally have this happen to me. To prevent it, I turn the scanner on before I plug it into the USB port. I then launch the software. I've never encountered an error following those steps.
 

ofd8001

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
8,509
Reaction score
1,638
Location
Louisville, KY
A couple of things come to mind. . .

I've had this issue come up before for me. I completely shut my computer down and re-started it. I'm guessing there were a couple of things going on that caused some internal com port conflicts (I'm not technically savvy enough to say for sure). After doing that, I got the computer and scanner to talk with each other.

Also, are you using Windows 8? Sometimes folks upgrading there operating system have found com port issues.

Lastly, if you can get to your Device manager, does it show the com port you are trying to use?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top