BC246T Menu Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with my issue. The LCD screen on my BC246T no longer works through my own fault as I forgot it in my vehicle overnight with -30 celsius temperature. I want to connect to my pc to reprogram my scanner and was hoping that someone would be able to please map the menu selections to get to "Xfer Information" then to "PC Control" then to "57600 BPS"? how many clicks do I have to turn the nob clockwise (ie: clockwise being turning the volume from min to max for example) to get to each menu selection? I know that I have to press "Menu" on the side of the scanner and then press E(Yes) to accept each of the three selections.

I have also looked for a replacement LCD screen but have not been able to find one so far and unfortunately buying new a scanner unit is not feasible at this time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason C

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Uniden repair service costs approximately $90 flat fee regardless of what is wrong, if it’s fixable. In your case it probably is. I will leave the other question to others-I don’t own your model.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The LCD probably won't work when it's that cold, but it will probably work OK once it gets back to room temperature. Put the scanner in a plastic bag while warming to cut down on condensation formation on the circuit boards and other components.

Ubbe

Open it and inspect if a ribbon cable have come loose. When it got that cold it would stress all connectors. Also it could have left some condense inside the scanner.

/Ubbe

rcool101

Feed Provider
I"m going to take a stab at it. I assume you're going to plug it in to a PC? Anyway here goes. I had to dust mine off and the scroll knob is wonky. But I came up with this: Power on. Press Menu. Scroll Knob- Turn 1 time Counter Clockwise. Hit enter 3 times. As long as this 246 was hooked up before to a PC then it should be still set at 57600 bps

rcool101

Feed Provider
I have 2 myself. I was going to sell them as BYGOF with cases. One of the best radios I've owned along with the 396XLT

I"m going to take a stab at it. I assume you're going to plug it in to a PC? Anyway here goes. I had to dust mine off and the scroll knob is wonky. But I came up with this: Power on. Press Menu. Scroll Knob- Turn 1 time Counter Clockwise. Hit enter 3 times. As long as this 246 was hooked up before to a PC then it should be still set at 57600 bps

Thank you I will give that a try.

Let it sit powered off a bit at room temperature, the display may come back

I have done that, this all happened last year and the screen hasn't worked since lol.

I will also have a look at the ribbon connector as Ubbe suggested just in case. Maybe there is a connection that needs fixing due to the extrerme freeze.

Thank you

Ubbe

Uniden used to use hot glue to secure connectors but was too hard and brittle and didn't do it's job in scanners that where a couple of years old, or had been exposed to extreme temperature variations.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.