BCD235P2 & ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

svaughanrv

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am fairly new to the current scanner technology, but was looking for an easier way to program my scanner. We we travel in our motorhome a lot and I need an easy way to program the scanner for my current location. I down loaded ProScan after reading reviews and am on the trial period. The software is very powerful and I started off creating a database for the Texoma area. I used RadioReference.com to put data in a CVS file then used the copy to clip board feature. (I'll post another question about using google maps in another thread).
Here is my problem: It seems when I create a (site/group/channels), and assign a quick key to the site and group to match, when I upload this to the scanner it doesn't scan it and shows an asterisk where the quick key would normally show and won't scan that site. However, If I go into the scanner, and change the quick key to any other number for both the (site & group), then it scans?
What do you experienced programmers think I am doing wrong?
Thanks Steve

Hello, I am fairly new to the current scanner technology, but was looking for an easier way to program my scanner. We we travel in our motorhome a lot and I need an easy way to program the scanner for my current location. I down loaded ProScan after reading reviews and am on the trial period. The software is very powerful and I started off creating a database for the Texoma area. I used RadioReference.com to put data in a CVS file then used the copy to clip board feature. (I'll post another question about using google maps in another thread).
Here is my problem: It seems when I create a (site/group/channels), and assign a quick key to the site and group to match, when I upload this to the scanner it doesn't scan it and shows an asterisk where the quick key would normally show and won't scan that site. However, If I go into the scanner, and change the quick key to any other number for both the (site & group), then it scans?
What do you experienced programmers think I am doing wrong?
Thanks Steve
First of all, welcome to the forums.

I think you're asking about the 325P2?

You can read up on Quick Keys and how they work in this "Easier To Read" manual:

Easier to Read BCD325P2 Digital Scanner

Let us know if you have any additional questions and good luck!

If you are seeing asterisks on the screen, it means that quick key is disabled (turned off)

DudleyG

Premium Subscriber
When you are in ProScan, you will see a tab called "Quick Keys/Search Keys" near the middle of the screen, click on that tab.

In the left column, it will list the systems you have defined. In the middle column, it will list the groups you have defined for each system..

There are three options for each,

ON
OFF
NOT ASSIGNED

For each of the systems you want scanned when you first turn the scanner on "after" writing the new stuff to the scanner, be sure to have the option for that system and/or group set to ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.