bcd396t loading frequency Please HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinder

I just bought this scanner and it works great. The only thing is that I cant for the life of me can program frequency in the scanner and make them stay and be able to find them or name them so it scans only ones that I want it to and not everything that was pre loaded.

I thought that I can go online and plug my scanner in and be able to do it like that but NOPE. You have to pay for the program. Anyone out there that can help me do this or show me a easy way????

tvande

I just bought this scanner and it works great. The only thing is that I cant for the life of me can program frequency in the scanner and make them stay and be able to find them or name them so it scans only ones that I want it to and not everything that was pre loaded.

I thought that I can go online and plug my scanner in and be able to do it like that but NOPE. You have to pay for the program. Anyone out there that can help me do this or show me a easy way????

Take a look at FreeSCAN (ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!). If you opt for the subscription to this site, it will make it just about as easy as it gets to download/install systems to your new scanner.

If you'd rather "do it yourself", take a look at Mark's Easy to Read Manuals (Mark's Scanners I think it is, something close anyway). There he has an easier to read version of the manuals for various radios.

Good Luck!

rvictor

Use a program such as FreeScan together with your premium subscription here to download the data that you want into FreeScan. Make whatever changes you want in the data to get it organized the way that you want it and to assign quick keys to the systems and groups. Then tell FreeScan to transfer all that data to your scanner. Save a copy of the data to your computer so that you can easily change your dataset or reload it as needed.

There's a users guide for FreeScan in the RadioReference database that should be very helpful.

Dick

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually it's in our wiki (yes, that's a database, too...)

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

If you don't understand how to work with DMA - it kinda sounds like you don't - I'd advise you to take a look at...

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

and read through the first few sections. You can safely kill the pre programmed stuff; just do an initialize (while powering up, hit 2+9+Hold all at once), and when the scanner asks you to reload, say NO.

The Easier to Read guide for the 396 is linked at the bottom

73 Mike

Bill_smith258

Uniden bcd396t p25 problem

I have a BCD398T that will not decode P25. I live outside the city (Rochester,NY) about 25 miles. Thinking i live to far out and it is not decoding because of the distance. I went right in the center of the city and the scanner still will not work. As it scans it has 5 bars of signal stops on LNK and then P25 with no sound at all. Now when you are programing this scanner i found these codes/ frequency 460.0250/ Input 465.0250/ What is this N9C7? How and where do you use these items are not explained in manual. I sold my AOR-mk3
So i could pick up p25 transmission. The reception on this uniden is no where as good as my AOR-MK3!
Programing software for this scanner is dated 2005.

Bill_smith258

I have a question on the terminology used in the scanner world? What are (nac codes) and where in the bcd396t do you put theses codes. Also i have these codes(?) N9C7,N8F3,N5B6 ? If these are codes where do these get installed in bcd396t scanner? NF2G has these next to the frequencys but there is no designation at the top of the column.

Status
Not open for further replies.