bcd396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

towho

Hello
I have a question more of a help question. I programmed my scanner to listen to OPP.
I have static before and after a transmission and sometimes it seems to get stuck after they talk and stays static. My question is why. I have all the control tower numbers it all three band plans. Is there a way to tweak them

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I have a question more of a help question. I programmed my scanner to listen to OPP.
I have static before and after a transmission and sometimes it seems to get stuck after they talk and stays static. My question is why. I have all the control tower numbers it all three band plans. Is there a way to tweak them

What is OPP?

This is a pretty basic answer, but just a thought. Do you have the squelch turned up far enough? This has happened with me before as well when I had the squelch turned down as absolute low as I could go.

FWIW

Greg

wtp

my 396t

i keep mine at 2
if you put it that low does it cause more problems?
with p-25 you can fine tune it by pressing the function pad (left top) and puch down on the top knob twice, you will see squelch and the the automatic adjuster for p-25.

Last edited:

n4yek

Last edited:

towho

Thanks everyone for all your input. It makes no sense to me. I programmed the Edgar tower and duffel nottawasga talk group and it works fine.
Program the primrose tower and nottawasga talk group and the static comes back. I am at a loss.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
You may have some local interference on those frequencies that raises the noise floor. Program those frequencies as conventional and see if you can squelch out the noise. If not then you may have some local interference.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.