BCD396XT Complete reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9xyz

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ever since the 396XT came out lots of folks have grumbled about the lack of a manual. The provided CD that has all the links and meant to be used on line in my opinion is a good idea because it can be kept current. However I stumbled upon the complete reference a couple days ago. So everyone saying that there is not a good manual check out the complete reference. I have printed it, shrunk the pages and placed in a small binder....coolness. It is 273 pages......allot more when you make them smaller :)

anyone that hasn't seen it here's the link

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396XT/BCD396XT_Complete_Reference.pdf

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yes, but people will never be satisfied with the complete reference, they want an actual step by step owners manual that they will only read when they realize they can't get the function or feature to work.

I also like printed manuals, but found that once I got used to the XT series, the features and functions are nearly the same on all four radios, I found that I can look up what I need on the online Uniden Twiki.

k9xyz

Banned
That's it

The complete reference is the closest thing to a "step by step" manual that exists. If you can't figure the scanner out by the using the complete reference and the wiki information on this site then you don't deserve to own the scanner sell it to someone else.......73

1K1MOA

396XT Manual

Thanks for posting. I am very close to purchasing a 396 but have been a little apprehensive due to posts of guys saying they're selling it because it is unusable, difficulty in programming, etc. I have to admit I am a big fan of scanning, but do so via live feed on this site and an Icom R2. I have been reading posts and have gotten the impression I am making a huge jump based on other posts.

The ability to see this document makes me much more comfortable I can "handle" the device. I am quite technically, and detail oriented. I appreciated the ability to do some in-depth homework prior to purchase.

thanks again for posting the link!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Hardly a selling point. I recommend just getting to know the features and functions with the Twiki and complete reference, and asking specific questions on Radioreference when stumped. :roll:

1K1MOA

I appreciate your point. It was beneficial to see specifically how trunking systems and talk groups are programmed along with some other functionality that has seemed to baffle some based on their posts. It sounds like a cable, software, and a subscription to this site is the preferred method of programming though. :) I have no problem with that.

k9xyz

Banned
Benefit

It will benefit folks greatly to make your own decision on what you like best and NOT rely on folks opinions that seem like they have to respond to every post made on this site.....The complete reference is an excellent well written resource...it is very usable. Whether or not it is "a selling point" is not relevant what-so-ever.....it is very useful....period.

k9xyz

Banned
Just remember

Someone that has 4600 posts obviously has no job or anything else to do but respond to posts on this site....take his OPINION as it is........not worth a dime....okay......

k9xyz

Banned
Except for one person and you all can guess who that is.......

k9xyz

Banned
It's not harsh....if you don't speak or understand English...then maybe...just maybe....you need another language and different explanation.....nuff said...I thought so...

k9xyz

Banned
That was my point....another person has more posts then UPMAN and he is the expert.........go figure...........someone has WAY TOO much time on their hands....don't ya think.......

k9xyz

Banned
NO response on here was made against UP man the response was made against the person that has to respond to everyone that makes a post on these pages.....DAVE okay.....he seems to think he has all the answers with more posts than even UP Man has made.......give it a rest....I have three degrees and I don't know it all.......

k9xyz

Banned
.....and if you notice, he hasn't had the balls to respond.....even though he always does....hilarious....don't you think.....I DO!!

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
.....and if you notice, he hasn't had the balls to respond.....even though he always does....hilarious....don't you think.....I DO!!

k9xyz,

I don't think this is hilarious at all! Don't worry about how many posts Dave has, Dave has helped people on these boards as much as he can.

I have one suggestion for you. You worry about yourself and show some respect to the users on these forums and stop trying provoke people.

Thanks

Last edited:

crevatis

I'm not sure why he should. He seems more interested helping others who are into the hobby than getting into flame wars. Lets try to keep a friendly atmosphere here.

sjlamb

k9xyz,

I don't think this is halarious at all! Don't worry about how many posts Dave has, Dave has helped people on these boards as much as he can.

I have one suggestion for you. You worry about yourself and show some respect to the users on these forums and stop trying provoke people.

Thanks

THIS is the post that I was waiting for here. Figured it would take a Mod to bring these nonsensical trash postings to a screeching halt. Thanks for not disappointing.

Last edited:

k9xyz

Banned
My original post regarding the "complete reference" was never intended to cause a war. Many folks on this site....by the way folks that you don't mind taking money from...are tired of every single post being responded to by one or two same people that apparently have nothing else to do. I was simply saying that the complete reference for the 396xt is an excellent resource...and it is...PERIOD. A while back there was a post from someone almost in agony wanting a printable "manual" and everyone kept sending him the link for the CD manual with all the links....what he wanted was something like the complete reference that's why I posted it in case someone else that just got one around Christmas could find it...nothing more. I do sincerely apologize to Dave and everyone else on this site for offending anyone...it was never my intent. 73

Status
Not open for further replies.