BCD396XT No id scan & no id search

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsondw

Premium Subscriber
Wow not sure what I did. Peoria city and Peoria County P25 on my Quick channel 2 and 3 will no longer receive anything in ID search or scan. ID search on another channel will receive them. Reloaded them channels from old saved freescan files and still nothing. I see everything loaded but still nothing is received on those two channels. All other channels with P25 sites like state and Peoria Heights receive just fine. Fortunately on quick channel 4 they are still received on analog (conventional) . Not good at this digital stuff and cannot figure it out. Maybe its the scanner not sure. Any thoughts?

Ubbe

Do you still have a signal on those channels, how do they sound in analog mode? Maybe they have switched frequency or they are off line for site maintanance.

/Ubbe

wilsondw

Premium Subscriber
Yes signal is strong on both channels, and analog sounds great on my analog channe 4l. (Digital) It just stop working a couple of days ago, never herd of failsoft however on a different channel with ID search I can hear the digital frequencies programmed on channel 2 & 3. Still nothing on those 2 channels for scan or search.

wtp

what i did

i have a system labeled "ccso failsoft"
my system is analog only.
and i have all the output frequencies in it as conventional.
the system has only gone down once in years, but i was ready !
i was driving, so one system locked out and one unlocked and done.
sure i have to hear the talk groups i don't want, but it was temporary.
less than a few minutes.
you could try that

wilsondw

Premium Subscriber
Well its fixed I guess! Noticed a control frequency on s01 popping up so I checked s02 and 3. Added the frequency and it worked. Looked back at files and they never had this frequency and worked fine before, Some one told me to add this frequency a long time ago to so1, and its not listed as a control channel in RR under Peoria county ETSB P25. I have no clue however its working. The frequency added was 852.78750.........Thanks folks for the response.

VicradioZone

Premium Subscriber
All sites should have a designated frequency that will work as a Control Channel in event the usual assigned Control Channel frequency is offline or failed.

I'd suggest the site you usually listen via had reverted to its secondary CC.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

wilsondw

Premium Subscriber
Thats probably the case however why is the frequency not listed as an alternate? With 8-10 frequencies listed I dont understand how an unlisted frequency solved the problem. Then again I may never understand this digital stuff. I may just for fun delete it back out to see if I jumped started anything on the other frequencies. Wow things were so simple back in the day.........Well maybe not!

phask

Premium Subscriber
Without running an analyzer - Unitrunker, Procomm96 or even an HP with extreme. No idea what is going on.

Someone needs to run one and verify and submit.

Did you check the freq. against the FCC license?

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I too am having the same issue. every sense ETSB Peo Co hit the air I have had no problem hearing any of the Talk Groups. For the last month I hear nothing on ETSB but all other bands work great. I use ARCXTPRO as the program to assign TGs. I thought I had a problem with XTPRO not working so went to FREESCAN .....same issue. I have gone to Conventional frequencies where possible and they are talking up a storm. I have 2 Digital scanners, BCD996XT and HP-1. Same issue both radios Did not understand how you fixed your problem to get the scanner to "hear" ETSB Peoria Co TGs ........... My problem is until now the only thing I had in my scanner was the ETSB channels. Oh how simple the OLD DAYS of scanning were

wilsondw

Premium Subscriber
I went into freescan and added another frequency which fixed my problem. Entered 852.78750 and started receiving Peoria city and county P25. It had quit a couple of days ago and I could not figure out why. Never had this frequency before however it worked. Give it a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.