BCD436 Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
539
Reaction score
78
Location
In a hot dry dusty place near the border
Lemme ask another question.

In a profile if I have all favoites lists download set to on I notice that they all load into memory when I turn on the scanner regardless of whether or not their quick key is active for scanning. If I set a fave list download to off and I then turn that list's quick key on will it then load into memory at that time and begin scanning?
 

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,295
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Arlington, TX
No. If download is not turned on it won't be sent to the scanner at all. If you want it in the scanner but not put into memory, download on, monitor off.
 

Tim-B

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
539
Reaction score
78
Location
In a hot dry dusty place near the border
Okay, yeah I just figured that out right before I saw your post. I added programing for Jefferson and Orange Counties, Texas into my main profile and when I tried to activate their quick keys I got the error be-be-beep. I check the profile again and I had montior set to off. I went back and set montor and download set to on for everything and then it worked. In the profile I have all fave list QK's set to off so when I turn on the scanner I all I have to do is active the QK for what i want to listen to and everything else is off.
 

Tim-B

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
539
Reaction score
78
Location
In a hot dry dusty place near the border
Okay, I'm gonna bug you guys with one more question. When programming an 800 MHz system in sentinal and I have to enter a custom bandplan for a site and in the columns where it says Lower(MHz) and Upper(MHz) do I have to look up the actual frequencies for the motorola channel numbers in the custom table for that system in the RR database or can I just put in what looks like a motorol channel number like the ones in the table for this system:

Caddo Parish Trunking System, Shreveport, Louisiana - Scanner Frequencies

I mean can I set lower at 440 and upper at 559 or should I put in the frequencies for those (what I am assuming are) motorola channel numbers?
 

ofd8001

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
8,508
Reaction score
1,637
Location
Louisville, KY
Just more for reference for others who read this. If you select the system from the Sentinel database and append it to a new or existing Favorites List, Sentinel brings in the appropriate bandplan information.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top