Bcd536hp external speaker connection considerations and precautions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triangulum

Those speakers are all unpowered. They are appropriate to connect to EXT. SP. outputs, but not headphone outputs.

Thanks. And to you or anyone else around....

In regards to this thread and the ability to damage the scanner.... Is the BC7 a safer choice due to it being a weaker speaker?

Triangulum

I am going to be experimenting with the Uniden BC20 external speaker. As UPMan stated, it is an unpowered speaker. When I use the BC20 should I expect the 536 to have some of its receptive power/sensitivity reduced because the device is being taxed by feeding audio to an external speaker? Or is the matter just a non-issue.

Triangulum

Been using the Uniden BC20 external speaker the past couple days on the 536 and its been performing exactly how I envisioned. Its an unpowered speaker that plugs directly into the ST EXT in the back.

I have yet to really turn the volume past half-way due to my monitoring situation. If you have a bas/mobile scanner, look into one of these. The BC23 requires power, but the BC20/15/5 do not. Gives me a sense of security/safety knowing that I won't blow the scanner's internal speaker.

Not sure if these are recommended for handheld scanners or not due to the strength of audio output power being a little less powerful on those and these being unpowered.

Voyager

Handheld scanners don't have speaker outputs. At least none I can think of do. They have earphone outputs, and maybe discriminator outputs, but not speaker outputs.

guttapercha

SImple old school mono passive speaker

Hi all,

I have a great old passive GE/Ericsson Landmobile speaker that I currently use with my 2096. It just has a simple 1/8" MONO jack. Will I be able to use this with the 536?

I expect my new 536 any day now!

Thanks,

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.