BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephMorthland

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I am curious if anyone has or will to pass along to me their database file that I could create off of? It doesn't matter which Counties or anything.
The 536HP is brand new to me, I have the BCD996P2 and after moving to Port Orchard the list I have from the 996P2 is no where in sight, which was for the Seattle area.
I mostly listen to the 100-400mhz range and the Naval Base near me, and whatever else that I can try to pull in which is some of the Seattle area but not able to pull in Pierce which is odd since it seems Pierce is closer to me. I currently have a really really old Radio Shack mag mount antenna and once I'm able to I'm looking for a decent either mag mount or a small discone to place on the roof or gutters. Well thanks for listening everyone.

Kitsap County:
Fire / EMS
Law Enforcement
Port Orchard

Naval Base:
Naval Base Kitsap - Bangor
Naval Base Kitsap - Bremerton

King County:
Appletree Cove
EPSCA Simulcast
King County/ValleyCom Simulcast

JosephMorthland

Premium Subscriber
Sorry about that. I am not sure which agency as I am pretty much putting in all Police and Fire and seeing what I am able to pick up and create from there. Just having alot of issues as this type of scanner is pretty new to me and this area is very new to.
I appreciate the text files very much.
I listen to Police and Fire and whatever else I can get my hands on lol, scanning for me is like what others do for TV :)

JosephMorthland

Premium Subscriber
What King Co systems? You list sites, but who do you want to listen to (lots of agencies on those 3).
Here is KCSO.

Sorry about that. I am not sure which agency as I am pretty much putting in all Police and Fire and seeing what I am able to pick up and create from there. Just having alot of issues as this type of scanner is pretty new to me and this area is very new to.
I appreciate the text files very much.
I listen to Police and Fire and whatever else I can get my hands on lol, scanning for me is like what others do for TV :)

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Dumb question but how do I open these text files. Im not seeing an option in Proscan or Sentinel

RR will not allow the posting of .hpe files, (my apologies, took it for granted - well known work around here...) so the extension was changed to .txt. Just change back to hpe and import via Sentinel.

JosephMorthland

Premium Subscriber
I really appreciate all of the input/information you all have always been awesome. I guess the main thing I am having the most trouble with is organizing the favorites like which way is better. Example
Wa State: Police
Wa State: Fire
and so on. I would rather have it this way but I don't think its possible
Washington State
At least that way makes more sense to me but doesn't seem to be correct since basically it leaves it as an Empty Favorite instead of Sub Favorites which I guess I'm used to with the other scanners and will have to live with the way it is.

Last edited:

Ubbe

... will have to live with the way it is.
From the database in Sentinel, select Washington and Kitsap. Then go to County Systems and click on WA State Patrol and right click and choose to append to favorite list and choose a new one with a name like Wa State: Police.

Then in the database click on the Kitsap in the Kitsap county folder and there you select Law Enforcement and append to the Police favorite. You can select more if you wish like Homeland Security and FBI.

Then in that Kitsap folder in the database you click on Fire/EMS and select to append to a new favorite list you can call Wa State: Fire.

You can put everything in one common favorite list by appending once more but to one common favorite list you call Washington State, or if you wish also put other stuff in that list.

Set quick key numbers to the favorite lists in the order you want them to be scanned, and you can turn the lists on and off by one number key and Enter.

When you have police and fire in separate lists they will have their own sites so that when a police TG ends it starts to scan to the next list and there you could monitor a fire TG call. If you put all in the same system but in different departments you would have to wait one full scan cycle until you could monitor a fire call, but then only if a police TG where not active. You could end up never hearing any fire call TG's.

/Ubbe

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I really appreciate all of the input/information you all have always been awesome. I guess the main thing I am having the most trouble with is organizing the favorites like which way is better. Example
and so on. I would rather have it this way but I don't think its possible
Washington State
At least that way makes more sense to me but doesn't seem to be correct since basically it leaves it as an Empty Favorite instead of Sub Favorites which I guess I'm used to with the other scanners and will have to live with the way it is.

It really depends on how you want to do things.....

EX: GPS - are you going to be using it? Or, is the radio for stationary use only. I (personally) use my radios for both. So, in order to have the functionality I need while mobile, I have the favorites built per location.

Why? Because one of the great things about Uniden/GPS & location control is that it will turn on/off favorite lists according to your location. I have build detailed rectangles for everything and when I cross a county line presto/changeo, I'm now listening to THAT county (or state, city or even for that reservation.

Thus, all of my favorites are grouped by location

Attachments

• Doc1.zip
    69.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

JosephMorthland

Premium Subscriber
It really depends on how you want to do things.....

EX: GPS - are you going to be using it? Or, is the radio for stationary use only. I (personally) use my radios for both. So, in order to have the functionality I need while mobile, I have the favorites built per location.

Why? Because one of the great things about Uniden/GPS & location control is that it will turn on/off favorite lists according to your location. I have build detailed rectangles for everything and when I cross a county line presto/changeo, I'm now listening to THAT county (or state, city or even for that reservation.

Thus, all of my favorites are grouped by location

Thats exactly what I am trying to do, I just keep getting frustrated. I currently do not have a GPS unit will need to wait awhile for that since I need to pick up an antenna first and be sure to spend the same amount of cash on the gf so I don't end up in the doghouse lol.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Thats exactly what I am trying to do, I just keep getting frustrated. I currently do not have a GPS unit will need to wait awhile for that since I need to pick up an antenna first and be sure to spend the same amount of cash on the gf so I don't end up in the doghouse lol.

Build you favorites correctly NOW then. Easier to then change later....

Attachments

• Kitsap.zip
    1,002 bytes · Views: 7
  • Mason.zip
    619 bytes · Views: 7

JosephMorthland

Premium Subscriber
I believe I am starting to understand it. Now I just need to make sure that I am putting the correct things where they belong. Is it better just to get the control channels or all of the channels of a specific site? Sorry that I have not responded sooner, been out with medical issues. Anyways attached is what I have incase it helps anyone. Again thanks everyone for all of your wonderful help. :)

Attachments

• BCD5836HP-ALL.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.