BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Put them all in. Control channels can change without any notice, and adding the additional frequencies takes a maximum of 1/80 second per frequency the first time a site is scanned. Once a control channel is detected, it will be the first frequency checked when the site is scanned until the control channel isn't there any more. So adding them all makes it far less likely you'll suddenly lose the system, and has zero impact on scan speed most of the time.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Put them all in. Control channels can change without any notice, and adding the additional frequencies takes a maximum of 1/80 second per frequency the first time a site is scanned. Once a control channel is detected, it will be the first frequency checked when the site is scanned until the control channel isn't there any more. So adding them all makes it far less likely you'll suddenly lose the system, and has zero impact on scan speed most of the time.

I've observed an alternate go voice, data, and then back alternate again before I could reprogram. However, as another option, I duplicate the sites so I have one CC/AC and one that contains all frequencies (that stays locked).

Either way, it's safer in the field to have all site frequencies. Just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.