BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996P2 Programing Usb cable issue

KB2VGG

Premium Subscriber
Hello SMart guys Have many BCD996p2 Scanners in use I need to add a new talk group Always used the Bluetel Software on Panasonic tuffbook running win7 It died now I cannot for the life of me connect to the new win10 Levano laptop Tried many different cables and the instructions below A win 7 pc shows the Scanner in Device manager with Yellow Triangle but cannot install the driver It looks for -at the inf file and quits. something blocks it ?? do I need a usb cable with chipset in it? there seems to be lots of posts about this Calling uniden = use the sentinel software No luck there either Any help would be appreciated to get me on the correct track 73's

1. Download and unzip the above driver.
  2. Plug in the scanner using a USB cable.
  3. Right click on the Windows Launch icon (bottom left corner) and select "Device Manager."
  4. The device shows up with a yellow triangle.
  5. Right click on device and select "Update Driver Software."
  6. Select "Browse My Computer for Driver Software."
  7. Navigate to the folder where you have unzipped the above driver.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Download and unzip the above driver.

The BCD996P2 uses a standard USB mini data cable. You need to install the driver for the scanner. I use ARC-XT also. Here is the above driver:

Attachments

• uniden_usbser.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
You can try,

Windows normally will install the correct drivers automatically.

Since your presumably using an older cable, there was quite few counterfeit ftdi chips back then. Drivers, windows rendered those not working.

This is what I use on mine and works on windows 10 with the cable that came with radio.

Last edited:

KB2VGG

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the Uniden USB1 cable? Older versions of this cable will not work on Windows 10.
OK so it works fine with the old Win xp computer the cable will not load the driver no mater what I try in the win 10 thing thanks to all that helped
You can try,

Windows normally will install the correct drivers automatically.

Since your presumably using an older cable, there was quite few counterfeit ftdi chips back then. Drivers, windows rendered those not working.

This is what I use on mine and works on windows 10 with the cable that came with radio.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The Uniden USB-1 cable will not work with the BCD996P2 which is what the OP has. It needs a standard USB mini data cable and the installation of the uniden_usbser driver. The BCD996P2 does not have a Hirose connector.