BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchapman5

I have two of the Uniden BCD996P2 scanners. The one scanner works fine but the other will not pick up any digital or trunking channels. Any suggestions. I have factory reset it by holding the 2,9 and "hold" button down, but it still will not work. Thanks

ac4cs

Good afternoon, I haven’t had my Uniden for very long, but I’ll try to help. If you use software to program your scanners you might check the program files for possible errors or corruption. Sometimes those files have to be redone.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If using software, you can read the scanner that is working and save that file. Then, program the non-working scanner with the same file.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Check for any trunking sites, frequencies and talkgroups locked out. Attach your freescan files in .zip format, will look at it, used freescan a LOT and for many many years. :)

tvengr

Well Known Member
Is the non-working scanner able to receive NOAA weather? Do you have the same version of firmware in both scanners? Is the P25 Threshold set the same on both scanners? Swap the locations of the 2 scanners in case we are dealing with a simulcast issue. Which systems are you monitoring? Swap the antennas between the 2 scanners. Check if the center pin on the connector of the antenna is broken off or shoved in. If both scanners are programmed using the same file and the squelch on both is set at 2, the only thing left, other than a scanner defect, is the RF input. What programming software are you using?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums:
How about giving us some info telling us what agency(ies) you're unable to pick up? Hard to give advice without knowing who operates where...
Does the non-working scanner pick up analog transmissions? WX?

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I have two of the Uniden BCD996P2 scanners. The one scanner works fine but the other will not pick up any digital or trunking channels. Any suggestions. I have factory reset it by holding the 2,9 and "hold" button down, but it still will not work. Thanks

In addition to the above suggestions, try reading the working scanner and write to the non-working one. That should eliminate setup issues.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Status
Not open for further replies.