BCD996T Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
Hello to all,

Well I have a BCD996t I am trying to program to listen to Sussex County. However while i have programmed the scanner to recive sussex i wonder if it is the right way. I noticed that Sussex and rehoboth both have the same set of freqs. So I went ahead and deleted Rehoboth. What i am asking is for the best possible way to monitor Delaware all countys. If someone could help that would be great.

Thanks,

Scott

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello,

You likely will not receive NCC from down south unless you happen to border Kent/SSX and have an outdoor Yagi.

Depending on your location I likely would program the main SSX site freq's in. If you are close to REH them there could be advantages to monitoring that system but to keep it simple for now just do the SSX main system.

I'm in Wilmington but what has worked best for me is to program a county per bank (3 banks / systems) and program the TG's to those county systems in each bank,.

As an example,
NCC county has 1 primary set of frequencies. So those are in.
The bank layout is
1. DSP main TG's
2. DSP other TG's (incl Kent, aviation and seldom used ones like LCB and Gaming)
3. County police
4. Mutual aid and DEMA / DENG tg's
5. Local PD TG's + DRBA groups + U of D groups
6. DNREC / parks / Corrections groups
7. County fire main groups
8. Fire company channels
9. DELDOT + TMC
10. Random groups (Federal, Wilmington patches, NLEEN, etc

This works for me. You can break it down further but I prefer this arrangement for all counties I have programmed.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.