BCT15 Programming - DCFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipweston

Since it seems like some of you know these scanners very well i thought you might be able to help me. I just purchased a BCT15 and am new to the Uniden dynamic scanning setup. I am using ARC-15 to program the scanner. I downloaded the frequencies directly from RadioReference into the ARC-15 programming system for DCFD but i haven't had any luck with hearing any transmissions. The system is setup with 2 sites - the 800 and the 400, including all of the DCFD talk-groups (from what i understand you need to program both in, just hear DCFD). The control channels are correct and the custom tables seem to be consistent. Any suggestions?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Looks like DCFD is all digital. You need a digital scanner (like the BCD996T) to monitor the channels marked with a mode of "D" on that system. You can use the 15 to monitor channels either marked "A" or not marked. No scanner will pick up the channels marked "E".

Highpockets

ipweston said:
Since it seems like some of you know these scanners very well i thought you might be able to help me. I just purchased a BCT15 and am new to the Uniden dynamic scanning setup. I am using ARC-15 to program the scanner. I downloaded the frequencies directly from RadioReference into the ARC-15 programming system for DCFD but i haven't had any luck with hearing any transmissions. The system is setup with 2 sites - the 800 and the 400, including all of the DCFD talk-groups (from what i understand you need to program both in, just hear DCFD). The control channels are correct and the custom tables seem to be consistent. Any suggestions?

Are the fire talk groups digital? If so, you won't be able to monitor them, I don't believe the bct15 will receive digital.

Upman answered that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.