BCT8 suddenly lost ID Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmprather69

Antenna type

i'm using the one it came with. i don't think i have another one to try, but i can get one...do you think that it falls out of ID Scan when it loses signal strength or something?

Bullmax

I found when the antenna was not connected to the scanner it scanned just like we discussed. When I put the antenna back in the id scan started to show again. Try taking out the antenna and putting it back in. Make sure you can see the copper prong in the antenna and make sure its flush with coupler so it seats well into the scanner. I am wondering if its the antenna connection in the scanner or something of the sorts.

cmprather69

Antenna

well, i took the antenna off, checked the connectors, put it back on and no change; so, i found an elbow adapter and another antenna (i must have purchased a while back) and that setup didn't change either.

i'm truly at a loss, but anxious to hear if your scanner stays working longer than 24 hours. ;)

c-

Bullmax

It has been 24 hours and still working. I did do a factory reset also so maby that helped. I can't understand why this scanner has so many problems.

cmprather69

Antenna and reset

Yup, i did a full reset after the antenna, too...pushed the channels back down and still no luck. i'm completely at a loss here.

also, in the recent days when i would reset the scanner and push the channels down, i could at least, eventually, get the ID Scan to return - now it won't even do that.

very odd.

c-

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you are not receiving the control channel. Program that frequency in conventionally and listen. If you cannot hear it (or it sounds weak or interfered with) then there might have been some recent system changes or another system might have come online nearby that is causing interference.

Bullmax

So the BCT8 is a piece of junk. I have hooked up my 396xt and it sounds great. Cannot figure out why it stops scanning the hi systems.

WA7JV

Hello all,
I've been a ham for 30 years but have never played with trunking, I recently got a BCT-8 and can't seem to get beyond using the "Service" feature to listen to my local Police and Fire, on local police setting, I know it's a trunked system, at the end of every transmission I hear a series of 4 or 5 high pitched beeps. Is there a "Trunking for Dummies" section of this site to get this thing programmed for Reno, Nevada?

Thanks!

cmprather69

Fixed

i finally got frustrated enough to attempt contact with Uniden via email. i went away for a week on vacation and when i returned i found they had replied.

according to them, the ID Scan feature relies on a certain signal strength to function - when that drops, for whatever reason, then the ID Scan feature goes away.

this would certainly explain why it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. i have now relocated the scanner next to my window and will monitor it from this point forward.

thanks to everyone who commented, etc. i hope this post helps for others as well.

c-

Status
Not open for further replies.