Bearcat IV crystals help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportster883

Hello, I have just purchased a very nice Bearcat IV scanner. I have had this model in the past and I loved it. A few years ago I gave the one I used to have to a friend because it stopped working and I was too busy at the time to fix it. Turns out the cord was tired and needed replaced. The scanner is in his garage working great and I cannot blame him a bit for not wanting to part with it. I have had 2 Bearcat III scanners in the past and they all worked great. I always ended up trading them to people because I like to trade and see these old units enjoyed by others. In the area that I live in the channels have not changed since my dad was a kid. Also you can pick them up just fine with an old crystal type scanner. Here is my problem I need to find crystals for my area. I bought the last ones from Radio Shack but they went out of business. I know people are going to say just save yourself the headache and get a new scanner. But I love the old ones because they have great sound in my opinion and do a great job for me. Also I love restoring and collecting old electronics as a hobby and I like to use what I restore. I am excited to get this old scanner working. I would like to submit before and after pictures of my progress on it because it needs to be cleaned inside and outside. So if anyone out there has crystals or knows a source for them please let me know. Any information, constructive criticism, or personal story about this scanner would be wonderful as well. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.