Bell FleetNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hounddog1956

okay i am probably doing something wrong , but need some help, , i use to listen to bellfleet net 1 all the time but decided to upgrade radio to dmr , i have a bcd996p2 and it is working great on dmr freq and analog freq, but now i can,t get bell fleet back working, even using an old file that was working, from freescan, now i have proscan , and tried that way, i even used Fortis stickie and did it manually, still not working , maybe i need to reset scanner, not sure but it is frustrating to figure out what i did because it was working and i made sure that ii entered it a motorola and not p 25, so real strange, just wondering if anyone has had similiar problem
thanks
Paul

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If you have the radio scanning just your Fleetnet system do you see any indication of it pausing on the control channel? Or, if you manually tune to a control channel can you receive it ok? Perhaps you can post your Freescan file and we can have a look at it (I don't have Proscan). I'm sure it's something simple that is just out of sight..

ve3zo

I use proscan, if you want to send that file via message or post it here I can have a look later.

hounddog1956

i will send to you, but how and what format,
thanks chris,
i did a complete reset of my radio and download again and still cannot figure what i am doing wrong , everything else works , just not fleetnet

hounddog1956

o, this is going to be fun to explain, sitting here this morning listening to scanner and all of a sudeen heard something unusal, i am getting bell fleetnet, what?????, didn,t touch it, the only thing i have done is disconnect my extension speaker, i have a bluetooth transmitter on one lead, so i can hear scanner at night upstairs in bedroom thru bluetooth speaker, maybe blue tooth might be interference? not sure, will have to figure this out,

hounddog1956

well for the fun of it, i hooked up my bluetooth again to see what would happen to see if really bluetooth or not, well lost bell fleetnet again, so that is problem, but guess what i can,t get it back, probably have to do a reset again, when i get time , takes the fun out of this

hounddog1956

okay , i decided to do a reboot on system again and reload file and now got everything back including bell fleetnet, so it was the bluetooth giving me so much grief,

bpsmicro

How far away from the scanner was the bluetooth transmitter? I'd expect having a transmitter right next to the box might cause the 2.4GHz RF to interfere with the processor and associated logic. But I'd also expect having it a couple of feet away to mitigate that. Unless the adapter is pushing the RF back on the input line, which I guess is feasible (and difficult to solve).

Status
Not open for further replies.