Bergen County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

The Bergen County North transmitter is in ALPINE which is considered the "Main transmitter" because it transmits ALL The talkgroups The South transmitter is is Hackensack is the South which covers the Southern end of the county is considered the "secondary site" which will only carry certain talkgroups . they have receive sites in different parts of the county.

The Bergen County North transmitter is in ALPINE which is considered the "Main transmitter" because it transmits ALL The talkgroups The South transmitter is is Hackensack is the South which covers the Southern end of the county is considered the "secondary site" which will only carry certain talkgroups . they have receive sites in different parts of the county.
The RR database reports "North Simulcast" to include repeaters in Mahwah and Franklin Lakes only. "South Simulcast" is reported to include Alpine, Paramus, Hackensack, Fort Lee, and Carlstadt.

I never hear Midland Park or Wyckoff on "South." I hear Midland Park, Wyckoff, and every other agency on the system repeated on "North" at all times, in addition to some agencies being repeated on "South" as well.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why would the South cell need to carry traffic from areas that are covered by the North cell sites in Mahwah and Franklin Lakes? That would be a waste of channel resources. So then why does the North cell carry all system traffic when the South cell doesn't? Here's a hint...Bergen County PSOC is 3.75 miles from Stag Hill. ;)

N2NHL

I hear Wyckoff/Midland Park (PD/EMS) on the South Simulcast down here on the Belleville/North Arlington border just fine. Palisades Park, Lodi, Little Ferry, Interboro, Demarest/Alpine, as well as the County Fire and DPW also come in fine - especially during the snow event last week where DPW was very busy with snow removal on 202 and the NY border. The North Simulcast does not come in here (I disabled the site on my SDS200) and I've only heard it when driving up the Parkway to work at around the Garden State Plaza mark.

The 700mhz simulcast was coming in at about S3, but I guess theye were testing it, as I have seen any traffic on it when I'm consciously monitoring it.

Why would the South cell need to carry traffic from areas that are covered by the North cell sites in Mahwah and Franklin Lakes? That would be a waste of channel resources. So then why does the North cell carry all system traffic when the South cell doesn't? Here's a hint...Bergen County PSOC is 3.75 miles from Stag Hill. ;)
With only 2 municipal agency "subscribers" currently in close proximity to the North Simulcast sites, I guess there are plenty of channel resources to spare on it.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
IN the new year - still waiting for the next agency to go full time;
will it be Oradell Fire, Washington Twp PD, franklin Lakes... none

oih heard SUEZ water on MAC TG 1002 - now that's progressive, will PSE&G ever come up on ....a OEM...TG
Rockland has for years have O&R on the running cards for years, maybe Bergen plans to follow...

Happy next YEAR

mondaro

Feed Provider
IN the new year - still waiting for the next agency to go full time;
will it be Oradell Fire, Washington Twp PD, franklin Lakes... none

oih heard SUEZ water on MAC TG 1002 - now that's progressive, will PSE&G ever come up on ....a OEM...TG
Rockland has for years have O&R on the running cards for years, maybe Bergen plans to follow...

Happy next YEAR
How we never gave red and sirens to certain PSEG, JCPL, Water, and Tow Services is beyond me when we need them in times of true emergencies, just think what the result of some training would do to enhance their emergency response.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
How we never gave red and sirens to certain PSEG, JCPL, Water, and Tow Services is beyond me when we need them in times of true emergencies, just think what the result of some training would do to enhance their emergency response.
"RED TAPE" Pun intended!

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm which site Midland Park is currently using? Are they using North Simulcast or the 700 Simulcast?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Can anyone confirm which site Midland Park is currently using? Are they using North Simulcast or the 700 Simulcast?
There is very little activity on the 700 cell. A few transmissions on PD Dispatch 6 last night, but that's it all weekend up to a minute ago.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
700 cell since Friday morning...

91 Fire/EMS Dispatch hits=36
1002 Fire Coordinators hits=19
1014 Fire Response 1 hits=2
1206 Police Dispatch 6 (Midland Park, Wyckoff) hits=44

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Midland Park is using North afaik. The only 700 radios Midland Park has are the APX8000 all band portables. Wyckoff PD only have APX6000LI UHF Portables.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
PD Dispatch 6 was pretty active on the 700 cell most of Wednesday afternoon and evening. In addition, the county was testing TDMA on the 700 cell (the UHF cells are not TDMA capable).

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
There was a couple of radio techs on TG 2 talking around 5-6pm. Both were in clear and chatting and then one guy went encrypted. This was on 700 mhz, didn't check UHF.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There was a couple of radio techs on TG 2 talking around 5-6pm. Both were in clear and chatting and then one guy went encrypted. This was on 700 mhz, didn't check UHF.
Correct, that was the TDMA testing on 700.

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
It appears 1201 PD DISPATCH 1 and 1203 PD DISPATCH 3 and 1204 PD DISPATCH 4 are now being broadcasted over the 700 mhz site. I would expect all PD DISPATCH TGs will now be heard on 700mhz. Originally it was only 1206 PD DISPATCH 6 (MIDLAND PARK/WYCKOFF).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.