Berlin FD's Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightningx54

Feed Provider/Amateur Radio Operator
Feed Provider
Does anyone know what Berlin FD Tones are? I know that in Berlin we have four depts, Berlin, Kensington, South Kensington and East Berlin. All Berlin FD's is on 154.3400 and PL 82.5. Or does anyone know of a free program that can decode them?

Last edited:

joehawth

KB1RRG
I'm not sure exactly what you need... There is no need to be decoding PL tones, especially if they are all using the same tone...Just tune your scanner to 154.3400, and you will hear all local traffic, regardless of PL tone. THe only reason you would want to use a PL tone on your end was if you needed to filter out other transmissions on the same frequency that you dont care about.
This is the correct frequency according to the DB, and there would not be any type of digital system, trunked system, or encryption on that frequency. SO, with a scanner set to 154.3400, you should hear all companies in the Berlin FD no problem.

CT22

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
joe, your a ham? You cant even understand a simple question?

I can tell you from listening to them that they are probably Motorola tones. Do an internet search for Motorola QCII tones and that will give you a good place to start.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps someone in your departments has a newer Uniden scanner. They can be set up to read the alert tones. Also you can check with the radio service that works on the department radios.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.