Beta testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDavis90

As much as I like this 436, and have enjoyed certain aspects of it... it still hasn't knocked the 396 off the top as my primary scanner. I'm still toting around my 396 and crossing my fingers on the new update(s).

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
We have about 20 beta testers across the US who have caught literally hundreds of bugs and contributed significantly to improving feature implementation, as well. I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with either our beta team or process. That said, there are an infinite number of different ways to use the scanners, and I expect as part of the early release process that some bugs will be found by early adopters. To that end, we are prepared to closely monitor and react to early reports. We will have a firmware update out soon that will address the 5 main issues reported here and elsewhere.

Improved Long squelch tail problem
Fixed backlight set to squelch problem.
Fixed "Conventional discovery hangs on a P25 control channel even with time-out timer set."
Fixed "Scanner Hangs with no audio in mobile install after start with some vehicles."
Fixed DAT icon problem.

Thank you Paul for you and your team addressing these issues. I look forward to future firmware updates to address other issues that have been reported. Do you have a time frame on when Uniden will release the WiFi app and the Analyzer?

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
We have about 20 beta testers across the US who have caught literally hundreds of bugs and contributed significantly to improving feature implementation, as well. I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with either our beta team or process. That said, there are an infinite number of different ways to use the scanners, and I expect as part of the early release process that some bugs will be found by early adopters. To that end, we are prepared to closely monitor and react to early reports. We will have a firmware update out soon that will address the 5 main issues reported here and elsewhere.

Improved Long squelch tail problem
Fixed backlight set to squelch problem.
Fixed "Conventional discovery hangs on a P25 control channel even with time-out timer set."
Fixed "Scanner Hangs with no audio in mobile install after start with some vehicles."
Fixed DAT icon problem.

Paul,

I'm sorry but doesn't using a scanner to monitor an "old fashioned" Motorola Type II fall under a fairly basic usage category? It seems like there are numerous reports of problems with this type of use. How was a problem like this missed?

JoeyC

Paul,

I'm sorry but doesn't using a scanner to monitor an "old fashioned" Motorola Type II fall under a fairly basic usage category? It seems like there are numerous reports of problems with this type of use. How was a problem like this missed?

Yes, I would like to know about this as well. I'd like to know if Uniden plans on addressing the many listeners of Type II systems such as myself who have less than stellar reception of these issues on the 536. The reception of the system I listen to has PERFECT reception on my ancient BC785D & BC796D and younger 996XT but they can't get it right on this brand new scanner? In 8 days this scanner gets boxed up and sent back. I can't imagine any release of firmware will happen before then that will rectify this issue. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.