Status
Not open for further replies.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Hey Guys.

Just wanted to reach out on behalf of the company, Our President wanted to share this with you all. I hope this brings peace to all mourning.

To our Uniden Scanner Partners

It is with tremendous regret to inform you all that Paul Opitz passed away this weekend, on Saturday evening the 28th of December. Paul, as many of you may know was battling cancer over the past 2 years. Paul had been receiving chemo and radiation treatments through his journey, and as recently as early in December. Unfortunately, Paul’s condition worsened just a couple of weeks ago and was admitted to UTSW hospital here in Dallas Texas. I was told that Paul died peacefully in the hospital surrounded by close family members.

It was Paul’s wishes to have a celebration of life rather than any funeral services. His family is planning this celebration to take place some time later in January at Paul’s favorite restaurant in Mansfield TX. Paul had made many donations to Cancer Research charities and in lieu of flowers any donations made to cancer research in Pauls’ name would be appreciated.

Paul had a significant impact within the scanner community. He was innovative, knowledgeable and had a special flare to convey his message in an informative and humorous manner. He left an indelible imprint in the industry and will be missed. We are working internally to forever memorialize Paul’s imprint with Uniden scanners- as he should not and will not be forgotten

I am truly sorry having to share this sad news during this time of year. Our hope is that we all remember Paul in the most happiest of times- and raise a toast to Paul over this New Years Celebration.

Sincerely
Uniden America Corporation

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
Rest in Peace Paul Optiz. You will be missed by many. May you have unlimited clear comms in Paradise. :cry: :cry: :cry:

frankdrebbin

I don't think I ever conversed with him on Uniden products, but having read his blog, I am sad to hear he has passed. He sure went thru a lot. I really thought he would beat this. R.I.P.

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
It was Paul’s wishes to have a celebration of life rather than any funeral services. His family is planning this celebration to take place some time later in January at Paul’s favorite restaurant in Mansfield TX. Paul had made many donations to Cancer Research charities and in lieu of flowers any donations made to cancer research in Pauls’ name would be appreciated.

Will the celebration of life be open to the public?

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Bittersweet indeed. I’ve only had a few interactions with Paul in the forums but I always appreciated how patient he was and how willing to go out of his way to help everyone he was. Once I get home from work tonight I’m going to turn off my many Uniden scanners I always have running for a couple minutes to have a quick moment of silence for him.

MFCJR

Paul will surely be missed. Thank you for all you did for us. Rest easy!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A tremendous loss for his family both near and far. Peace and strength to those of us who will miss him.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Condolences to Paul Opitz's family during these sad times. Rest In Peace Paul. Thank you for the sharing of your knowledge throughout the years. You are missed. Prayers

dallascowboys

R.I.P Paul we will all miss you, I will raise my glass and say thank you Paul for everything, and you will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. also praying for the family .

Status
Not open for further replies.