Boonton Walmart Security Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt93

I have been trying to find Walmart security frequencies for the town of Boonton. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

W2SJW

Database Admin
Our asset protection associates do not carry radios, only the Asset Protection Coordinator (management level supervisor).

At the end of Q3 2008, all stores were ordered to get into compliance with what frequencies can be used in the stores. They only have permission to be on blue & green dot, along with the other 3 MURS channels.

This should help narrow down your searches a bit... ;)

Matt93

Our asset protection associates do not carry radios, only the Asset Protection Coordinator (management level supervisor).

At the end of Q3 2008, all stores were ordered to get into compliance with what frequencies can be used in the stores. They only have permission to be on blue & green dot, along with the other 3 MURS channels.

Thanks so much!

RedPenguin

Thank you

Thank you, for this information.

I'm not sure if this is how it is for every Walmart.

But it seems that at my one local Walmart, and I'm pretty sure it's the same at my other local Walmart, though I will confirm that today, it appears this is how their channels are laid out.

Green Dot - 154.6 CSQ appears to be Sales Associates or anyone but Management
Blue Dot - 154.7 CSQ appears to be Management or Ch. 2

My main Walmart, where I initially confirmed this layout, must have switched their frequencies.

I say the above because I bought a set of those cheap FRS/GMRS walkie-takies just for family get together and what have you, since said does not require high quality radios. Even if I did have high quality, almost no one would use them besides me.

Anyway, I tuned them to Ch. 1 and instantly I was picking up the store, that I just bought them at, and eventually I found that they switched to MURS. It was nicer when they were using FRS because I could just take my cheap radios there and don't have to take my expensive scanner and worry about dropping it or something.

RedPenguin

Update

An update to my above message:

Both of my local Walmarts follow the same channel layout. I did not for about 2 hours pick up any other MURS channels.

RedPenguin

It depends on the Walmart.....

What do you hear on the wal-mart channel?

I mean, is it worth listening to?

Thanks

I've listed to 2 possibly 3 Walmarts, all basically in my area.

It appears that it's basically dependent on which Walmart you are at.

The one in my area that gets way more customers has way more interesting stuff to say and way more chatter.

I do hear sometimes meetings in the security room and stuff like that at the not-so-busy one.

I guess it all depends, some days it can be crap stuff you hear while other times it is fairly exciting, of course nothing like a high speed car chase or something though.

countryboy879

at my local walmart they use i channel 154.570..i think w2sjw knows the freq!!lol good ol walmart..but nothing really good to listen too there neither!!!

RedPenguin

Darn it....

Thank you, for this information.
Green Dot - 154.6 CSQ appears to be Sales Associates or anyone but Management
Blue Dot - 154.7 CSQ appears to be Management or Ch. 2

It will not let me edit my post any more but what I meant was not 154.7 but actually 154.57 for Blue Dot.

I guess when I typed it my 5 did not press or something, because I meant .57.

Don't know if a moderator wants to fix the previous post or not, but I mean 154.6 and 154.57 CSQ NOT 154.7.

TOUGHLIFE

Where I reside the loss prevention personnel are using the "walkie talkie" feature on the Sprint cellphones while in or outside of the store. Other store activities are using the usual VHF simplex channels commonly known.

RedPenguin

That makes sense.....

Where I reside the loss prevention personnel are using the "walkie talkie" feature on the Sprint cellphones while in or outside of the store. Other store activities are using the usual VHF simplex channels commonly known.

That makes perfect sense, I guess they don't want anyone listening in.

Though, I'm not sure how exciting they would actually be even if you could hear them.

RedPenguin

Speaking of Security.....

I know a person who works at Wal-Mart who stocks items on shelves in various departments.

He was told, he was no longer allowed, nor co-workers were allowed to use their radios at night to say they are done with current assignments, because Asset Protection is there overnight now.

Has anyone else been told this? Is this something done to more Walmarts?

Also, what does Asset Protection being there, have to do with using radios to tell other employees you are done with putting items on shelves?

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'm pretty close to a few store APC's, and I'm quite friendly with the market AP manager for the section that covers the Jersey Shore, so I'll ask her when I see her this week (makes no sense why they told the department stockers that - now you have me interested as well...).

RedPenguin

Also

Do managers have their radios in scan mode?

I mean, they seem to mainly chit-chat on Ch. 2, especially when calls come in like, "Asst. Manager whatever, customers calling saying produce is rotten".

Though I would assume they would want to hear all the chit-chatter going on with the "normal" employees, especially if they need a manager to respond A.S.A.P. or Immediately.

Do the managers always walk around with earpieces acting like Secret Service/CIA agents, in every store or just some?

My local one in Johnstown, PA often seems to show managers with earpieces moving around like members of a SWAT team planning to execute a arrest warrant.

W2SJW

Database Admin
A lot of the market managers lay down the rule that they don't want walkie audio blaring out so that all customers hear it.

The 2 current radios we use are the XTN series, and the new RDX series. I believe they both can scan, but it's never used...

Status
Not open for further replies.