Bosque County

Status
Not open for further replies.

15plus1

Meridian ? Been there a few times. very nice town ! Last time I was there, 3 or 4 years ago, the SO was on VHF..I have eaten in the Iredell Cafe. next door.. Great food..

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok

I checked and yes it picked up the weather channels.
OK, so it's not "deaf" in Vhf.

Try this test:
Press the Hold key on the 396XT.
Now, type in the frequency for one of the sheriff's channels.
DO NOT PRESS ENTER
Instead, press the Hold key again. (This is what Uniden calls 'Quick Search')
Leave it on the frequency for awhile, in case there are not really busy.
If still nothing, turn the scroll knob very gently, to change to the next frequency, either above, or below the listed one. This would be to see if maybe, either the scanner is reading slightly off frequency, or maybe the dispatch transmitter is. Try the same on any of the other frequencies.

If you hear "something", either in, or slightly off, the listed frequency, then at least the scanner is hearing something.

If I was dealing with this same issue, one thing I'd try is changing the way the frequencies are entered.
First, program the frequency the way it shows in the database. Same frequency, same NAC or PL/DPL as what's shown.
Now, program the same frequency again, but this time, leave the audio type set as all instead of analog or digital.Don't enter the listed NAC or PL/DPL tone or code.

Do the same for each listed frequency. What you're looking for here is whether they changed an analog frequency from analog to digital (or digital to analog. You're also searching for the tone or code used, in case the frequency stayed the same, but they changed the NAC or analog channel setting.

If you already have all the listed channels programmed correctly (and verified that), then just enter the same frequencies with audio type set as All.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I assume you’re using a gps connected to the scanner? Not sure how that works or else I would do that.@ensnared

I assume you’re using a gps connected to the scanner? Not sure how that works or else I would do that.@ensnared

No, I programmed the frequencies. I hate my GPS because it is a pain in the arse. If I haven't per-programmed my 436HP, I just use the zip code based on my location. I change it as I travel. I kept having trouble with the GPS input. It falls out all of the time. I bought a new cable and it did not take long to replicate the issue. For me, I just program.

Status
Not open for further replies.