Both my 436 & 536 have clock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

I never really followed the clock problem but have now noticed it appears to affect both of my scanners.

I bought a 536HP shortly after they came out and then about a year later bought a 436HP.

The 536HP is always on (in FTO mode) and I'll use the 436HP when something big is going on.

I now see that if we lose power to our home that when it comes back on the 536HP is sitting at the enter time screen.

I also see that my 436HP which is normally off with good batteries asks for time each time I turn it on.

Now I really don't care about accurate date and time (I assume it mostly has to do with time stamping things that get written to the SD card. I really don't use any of those functions, nor do I record.

What can be done to eliminate this need to input date/time every time the unit powers on? For the 436 it's just annoying, for the 536 it stops the unit from working until the screen is cleared.

I read the stickey and don't really want to have to send both scanners back to Uniden (if that's even still an option), but I really don't want to keep having the problem.

Roveer

marksmith

You have s choice. Put up with it or send them away for repair.

There is no third option that I am aware of.

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

t13one12

If you upgrade to the latest firmware, Uniden included a "patch" of sorts that skips passed the date/time prompt after 5 seconds if you don't make a choice to enter it. That has been what I've relied on thus far as I'm just not ready to send mine in.

Roveer

If you upgrade to the latest firmware, Uniden included a "patch" of sorts that skips passed the date/time prompt after 5 seconds if you don't make a choice to enter it. That has been what I've relied on thus far as I'm just not ready to send mine in.

That'll work!!! Guess I'll be upgrading some firmware tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Roveer

Roveer

So I update firmware on both scanners and they at least will proceed beyond the clock prompt after 5 seconds. That's good enough for me.

Roveer

I just looked at the link you included and it only made reference to the clock. Do they look at the display as well? What about the external audio output jack. I never got that one fixed either. Jeez. This thing has problems.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The Real Time Clock and display is fixed as one "thing" if you send it in. If your 536 is old enough to have the headphone jack issue (Uniden will know if you send it in), I'm sure they'll deal with that too. I'd be sure to put a big note on the scanner asking them to check it.

Yeah having to send a scanner back for a "recall" is disappointing to the user. I'm sure it hurts Uniden even worse, particularly in the pocketbook region of their anatomy. Recalls seem to be a part, however unfortunate and sad, of manufacturing life.

Status
Not open for further replies.