BR330T Firmware Update Failures [HELP!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

G3MiNi

Greetings,

I am having problems upgrading the firmware in my BR330T. I could really use some help.

INFORMATION:
Firmware Update Software: BC VUP v2.0.0.7
Firmware Version: 1.06.02
Previous Version: 1.03.xx (don't remember the last 2 digits, but it was the last firmware version for this scanner)
Computer O/S: Win XP
Interface: USB > to > Serial Bridge (with working drivers)

PROBLEM:
The update runs all the way through to the end (reaches 100% on the progress bar), then gives one of two different failure messages:
1) Programming Failure
2) Communications Failure
** both messages are followed by the obvious - check power to the scanner and comm cable ... both of which are solid connections.

Keep in mind, it does run ALL the way through the update process, then fails after the progress bar reaches 100%. It is communicating with the scanner. Just this past Sunday, using FreeScan and the Radio Ref DB, I reprogrammed the scanner with over 1700 new frequencies without any problems using the same equipment described above.

INSIGHT
I've been a computer tech for over 20 years - I know comm ports / baud rates / port addressing / interupts...etc. inside and out. I have attempted the lowest, middle and highest baud rates on the updates with the exact same results each time. I tried this from two different computers (both running XP) with the exact same results. On each computer I tried it from all of the USB ports (just to be sure) - same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my scanner now has no brains and won't even turn on.

THANKS!
--Kevin

G3MiNi

!!FIXED!!

I believe my problems were due to a faulty USB to Serial bridge (or drivers s/w). I booted up an old computer of mine that has actual RS-232 serial ports and the firmware upgrade ran properly on my first attempt.

copmedic

BR330T firmware upgrade issue

I get a different error when trying to upgrade the firmware on mine. I have all the same information as you but when I try to apply the firware scn file i get this error message...

"This scanner is not an object for BR330T. Rewritting is impossible. Please turn off the power and remove the cable"

Anyone see this issue before and know a fix the scanner is a BR330T and has 1.03.xx firmware currently
I have the BC_UP installed and have the 1.06.02 firmware downloaded.

I use Proscan to program this and two other scanners via PC so Im pretty sure I have the COM and Baud rate set correctly in BC_UP

Any help would be great

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Recheck every step at BR330TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I would suspect you skipped Step 2 (2.Extract the BR330T_V1_06_02.scn file from the zip archive. Do not rename this file.) or failed to put the scanner into Firmware Update mode (turning off the scanner and holding down L/O and 6 while turning on the scanner).

Status
Not open for further replies.