Breaking news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webheadfred

I'm not a power user or anything like that, but I did notice UPMan has a "Breaking News" avatar up now. Maybe NXDN soon? ;)

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I'm not a power user or anything like that, but I did notice UPMan has a "Breaking News" avatar up now. Maybe NXDN soon? ;)

If you right click on the avatar and click "save image as", this is the title of the ..png
tinyurl-com-hzg3sd8.psd.png

if you go to tinyurl.com/hzg3sd8 it brings you to
DigitalMobileRadioUpgradeforBCDxxxP2 < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Not really breaking news anymore :roll:
But it is fun checking out his new avatar shortcuts all the time anyway

SOFA_KING

Yes, head games. Skip the "games" and just tell us what you got, dude. It's more professional that way. ;)

Phil

QDP2012

Not really breaking news anymore :roll:
I agree.

But it is fun checking out his new avatar shortcuts all the time anyway
...fun...not so much. :roll:

Yes, head games. Skip the "games" and just tell us what you got, dude. It's more professional that way. ;)
I agree.

...and I thought CNN was bad for their overuse of the tagline "Breaking News"
I understand the comparison; and I wouldn't want to be compared to CNN, for many reasons.

Last edited:

k3fs

Uniden should treat their customers like adults. It's bad enough, they have failed to deliver the advanced analysis features promised on release of the radio. Not, to mention the other issues with the radio. Yes, most issues have been taken care of, but not all. Uniden should treat those same customers with a little more respect, and quit playing games with them.

budevans

When I saw Upman's latest avatar, a Black Hole was my first thought. With Upman as a part of Uniden being a Black Hole, information is pulled in. Most people think to never come out. But, Stephen Hawkings has said that the information sucked into a Black Hole eventually comes back out. Very slowly and only one particle at a time over a long period of time. The information that does come out has no resemblance to what went in.

The conclusion is clear. Upman and Uniden are simply obeying the laws of physics.

bobmich52

Who really gives a, Fill in last word with a expletive of your choosing lol about the avatar

Whatever it is or may be, Bring it out as clean as possible With features functioning as advertised & not the patchwork of fixes that have overwhelmed the last few releases of various scanners

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Maybe from a business perspective , Uniden is finally "in the black" and making a profit from the *36HP scanners.

Now they can move on and implement DMR and ProVoice into the Home Patrol 2 which happens to have a nice black screen .

Status
Not open for further replies.