Bristol Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFCJR

Both main police channels are 100% encrypted as it was on the old system. I only monitor the fire.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Okay this is what I know about Bristol so far 17108 sounds like PD traffic in the clear 17 150 sounds like dispatch notifying all the Police radios as of right now in the clear only hear dispatch 17399 sounds like it might be Citywide emergency not exactly sure they have not used for 17399 that much only heard it the first day they use that because water department hit the emergency button and it went to the PD Dispatch and that came over the radio this is all I know for right now also 17304 sounds like it's the IT department for the schools I keep hearing them talk about different schools including the school my daughter's go to

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I have them uploaded in my bcd436 and heared the garble on pd and little bit of comms on ems but nothing on the fd yet, is anyone else have this issues, is fd on rhe system yet?

cg

Premium Subscriber
FD is working fine for me. They were out on a gas leak a while back and they were coming through.
EMS is by far the busiest unencrypted user.
I would double check your programming and lockouts.

chris

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Thanks i uploaded from RR to scanner and its scanning nothing locked out, i Just heared an alarm call so im good now thanks

Last edited:

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Hi all,
quick question, got a new BCD996P2
and i downloaded right from RR. Bristol downloaded [MP25] Simulcast but it is picking up DPW, EMS and garbled talk which I assume is the encrypted PD. I just want fire which it also downloaded. That is what I clicked in the download section of Freescan. Thanks for the replies.

SVFC462

Premium Subscriber
Change the ID search / scan option to scan instead of the default search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
Unless you are strapped for space in the scanner, I would download all agencies into the scanner, create Groups within the System for each service and control it with Quick Keys. You then can shut off the unwanted services but still have services available to monitor. Never know when you may want to monitor EMS or other agency.
Most of my municipal trunked systems are set up with the same Quick Keys numbers assigned to the same service so I can turn on and off without thinking.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.