Broadcastify Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Broadcasitcrap when the hell will it be online and we can log in. Why the hell can't we delay our traffic 10 min or soo???

K4KNJ

Broadcasitcrap when the hell will it be online and we can log in. Why the hell can't we delay our traffic 10 min or soo???

1. It is Online
2. There is NO need for a 10 min delay
3. You do not need to be so rude
4. Anyone can simply buy a scanner if they wanted to rob a bank or something...The feeds here have no effect on that part
5. You can log in and edit the feeds already using Radioreference.com.....The changes will take affect on Bcfy.com

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin

Broadcastify is online.
At this time, feeds are on both RR & Broadcstify.
There is a lot to the final conversion.
We are doing this change slow.
This will allow us to do some good testing, guide the listener and broadcasting community, gather constructive feedback, let the search engines do their thing, and give us a few more weeks to finish up final development tasks.

At this time we have no plans to allow feed owners delay options.
That will take a lot of processing power that we do not plan on doing.
Lindsay has addressed this matter in previous posts.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Will all current RR accounts (including non-premium and non-feed providers) automatically transfer over to Broadcastify, no re-registration required?

We will only transition accounts that have active premium subscriptions on 10/15, and accounts belonging to feed providers. Those users will be able to immediately login to the site. Everyone else will need to reregister.

We're taking this approach because we don't want to transition 620,000 user accounts to a new service where the users potentially doesn't want to have an account created for them on that service. However, we need to honor premium subscriptions and get feed provider's accounts moved over, thus our approach outlined above.​

My premium had expired a few days before that date and I did not have the chance to renew until about a week after. I am premium now and a feed provider. Will my account be transitioned over or will I need to create a new one?

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
status of rr/broadcastify

Where do we stand on the process? It has been a while since this kicked off and I am curious to know when memberships will be available on the new site.

szron

Premium Subscriber
Will the 180 days archive be retroactive or effective from now on?

//Never mind I found that they are retroactive. You might wanna post this somewhere visible because I guess more people will ask that question.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Will the 180 days archive be retroactive or effective from now on?

The 180 day archive has actually been in effect since August, it just didn't get much attention until now since it is approaching the day where archives will have 180 days worth of archives (it's currently 177 days as of this post, oldest archives are July 24). It's hard to recover data that you automatically purge :).

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...8-audio-archives-now-being-kept-180-days.html

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
So, the 180 day archives on Broadcastify, for Premium RR users. I like that.

Is it PERMANENT, even when the Broadcastify switch is complete?

Will I always get Broadcastify archives, since I am always a premium RR subscriber?
Or will that expire when my current premium subscription does?

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
The last two nights I was listening to a feed overnight and both times the feed timed out. I was logged into Broadcastify at the time, so I expected that there would be no time limit on listening to a feed. Has this not yet been implemented?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Within the next week or so we'll start redirecting audio pages on RadioReference to Broadcastify. It will be a while before we completely remove all links on RadioReference to the audio services.

Its going to be smooth orderly transition to minimize impact.

tk000

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Will broken links on Broadcastify feed pages be fixed prior to redirects being put in place?

cacherjoe

Thanks Lindsay,

I belong to a group that frequently references the feed links and the mods were debating when to push the new addresses to avoid confusion within the group. I'll pass it along.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.